• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Pistol & New Scope

Hello everyone,

I received my new Crosman 1701P Silhouette this past week. Last night took it all apart cleaned it real good and then oiled up everything. Mounted the Scope and shot a few pellets to make sure everything was in good working order. Set up a target in my shop at 15-feet and zeroed the Scope using the Crosman Match Grade 7.9gr pellet. Then I shot 5-rounds of all 9 different Wadcutter pellets at the attached target and very pleased at how accurate the Pistol shot each of these pellets. Most pellets shot a one hole group with #6 at .662mm being the best. I am anxious to see how well it will shoot various domed pellets at 25 yards when the weather will let me shoot outdors.

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P Silhouette.10.1.jpg
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.6.1.jpg

Hello everyone,

I received my new Crosman 1701P Silhouette this past week. Last night took it all apart cleaned it real good and then oiled up everything. Mounted the Scope and shot a few pellets to make sure everything was in good working order. Set up a target in my shop at 15-feet and zeroed the Scope using the Crosman Match Grade 7.9gr pellet. Then I shot 5-rounds of all 9 different Wadcutter pellets at the attached target and very pleased at how accurate the Pistol shot each of these pellets. Most pellets shot a one hole group with #6 at .662mm being the best. I am anxious to see how well it will shoot various domed pellets at 25 yards when the weather will let me shoot outdors.

ThomasT

View attachment 323402View attachment 323403
Oh yeah! Great gun, great shooting!
AC08ADE8-251C-4FE6-A340-5D526AD6078E.jpeg

they are Great pistols,why do you have such a Large scope on a pistol?
Hello @boscoebrea

I will be using this Pistol for a lot of 25 yard benchrest shooting come Spring and good weather. I love this scope, I shot 15-feet this morning and can comfortably shoot out to 50-yards. And number two, the position as it is mounted on the Pistol allows the "eye piece" to be at a very comfortable location for the eye relief for bench shooting, so much so than a "compact" scope.

ThomasT

Thomas, congratulations! Those are great shooters! I have a Prod that is my dedicated ratter, fun guns!
Hello @Ranchibi

You know, I have more fun shooting my pistols than my rifles. I was shooting in my shop as late a 11pm last night and decided I needed at least a couple hours of sleep :sleep:

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

You know, I have more fun shooting my pistols than my rifles. I was shooting in my shop as late a 11pm last night and decided I needed at least a couple hours of sleep :sleep:

ThomasT
How fun! I don't have any really good accurate pistols besides the Prod in carbine configuration. Hope to someday get an HW44.....

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
How fun! I don't have any really good accurate pistols besides the Prod in carbine configuration. Hope to someday get an HW44.....
Hello again @Ranchibi

I was shooting three different pistols and all nine wadcutter pellets and just having a ball.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
I've just finished off my last JSB 7.33gr Exact RS, which it seemed to like, though they were fiddly to load. I just got into a tin of 8.44's it may like better... I'll let you know in 30 minutes... lol
Here is a list of what I have in stock and currently shooting, all are Wadcutter.
#W1 Pellet Crosman Match Grade 7.9gr

#W2 Pellet H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr

#W3 Pellet Gamo Match Classic 7.56gr

#W4 Pellet H&N Sport 8.18gr

#W5 Pellet H&N Excite Plinking 7.48gr

#W6 Pellet RWS Field Line 9.3gr

#W7 Pellet RWS Sport Line 7.0gr

#W8 Pellet RWS Basic Line 7.0gr

#W9 Pellet Daisy Precision Max 7.87gr

ThomasT

Gotcha. I generally favor dome heads, so that's what I've got.
I'm shooting at 20 feet with LPA MIM open sights, Weaver stance, unrested. I think the 8.44's might be it. The longer skirt on these also keeps them from standing on their heads in the tray, resulting in easier loading. Perhaps wadcutters don't have this problem, but the domes seem to.
IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

Edited to add: This is from the top of a 3KPSI fill, and the shots were rising. This is much more pronounced than it was with the lighter pellets. Still and all, I'm pretty happy with that. I'll have to get them over the chrony.

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Gotcha. I generally favor dome heads, so that's what I've got.
I'm shooting at 20 feet with LPA MIM open sights, Weaver stance, unrested. I think the 8.44's might be it. The longer skirt on these also keeps them from standing on their heads in the tray, resulting in easier loading. Perhaps wadcutters don't have this problem, but the domes seem to.
View attachment 323463
View attachment 323464
Good shooting stacking pellets, FUN

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rcarlisle