• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New person here

Hello to all y'all. John, I sent Mike at Flying Dragon a message. I used to be a Police Officer and that is how I originally messed up my shoulders. I blew the repairs this past fall in the woods. I saw an under cacking model the xs46u. We will see if I can squeeze it into my budget. Thanks for your help. I sure miss archery, but the old body sin't what she used to be. Being 180 and wrestling guys up to 380 takes its toll on you, especially if you had to go it alone.

If you have bad shoulders a break barrel may not be a great choice. Have you looked at any PCPs and a compressor? Possibly an easier to cock break barrel like an HW30S?
Ohhhhhh, you really don't like the new kid not he block do you, tossing him down the Rabbit Hole® right off the bat. But yeah, what he said, you will wind up there eventually so take the plunge straight away. As for a red dot, assuming you're under 50 yards, zero it for your average and use a hold over/under and you're off to the races, I'd get one with a magnifier, just for giggles. I've got an Sig on my Sapsan and it works fine. Once I put some shims in the magnifier to get it centered.

Last edited:
Hi. Just found this site. Blew my shoulders and had to sell all my archery stuff. At nearly 67 I found myself hankering for a new hobby. Voila!!! I have been looking at a Gamo Raptor in .177 for plinking and light hunting(squirrels, etc.,.). I am looking for general input, for example...I was thinking a heads up red dot for the Raptor. Good idea or not? ....and things like does anyone make a pellet tuning kit so you can find out what works best before investing in umpteen cases of "pellet brand x?"
Thanks, and look forward to chatting.
Rich A.
Welcome

Ohhhhhh, you really don't like the new kid not he block do you, tossing him down the Rabbit Hole® right off the bat. But yeah, what he said, you will wind up there eventually so take the plunge straight away. As for a red dot, assuming you're under 50 yards, zero it for your average and use a hold over/under and you're off to the races, I'd get one with a magnifier, just for giggles. I've got an Sig on my Sapsan and it works fine. Once I put some shims in the magnifier to get it centered.
Personally I'm all for springers. Got like 30 of them myself and only 1 PCP these days. I just don't want OP to hurt himself cocking a break barrel with bad shoulders.

Welcome, and the guys that advise ignoring the high velocity claims are right. My shoulders are still working - barely. At 72, after a wild and tempestuous youth that hurt all of my joints; I'm lucky to be in as good a shape as I am. For that I am very grateful. I can still cock the magnum springers, but have to use both arms to pull the barrel towards my chest. I won't shoot any springer more powerful than my old Beeman R1 or R10's. Do your research, and start with a decent mid-level power gun or PCP.

Hello to all y'all. John, I sent Mike at Flying Dragon a message. I used to be a Police Officer and that is how I originally messed up my shoulders. I blew the repairs this past fall in the woods. I saw an under cacking model the xs46u. We will see if I can squeeze it into my budget. Thanks for your help. I sure miss archery, but the old body sin't what she used to be. Being 180 and wrestling guys up to 380 takes its toll on you, especially if you had to go it alone.
this store might be a do-able drive from you . might be able to hands on there ? https://northeastairguns.com/