New Permission…💥🙀😀

Just got invited to help keep the pest population at the local orchard under control. They are overrun with woodchucks and want me to take them out… There are also hundreds of pest birds, and I am sure there will be rats on the premises. Best part is that its five minutes away. Many years ago when it was under different ownership I shot many chucks there with my CZ452 .22 rimfire. But as the orchard changed hands I moved on to the local dairies. The dairies are now gone, so am super excited to get back onto that 90 acre orchard… My BRKs will be put to the test this Spring, Summer and Fall. Super excited, will be scouting out the locale this weekend.

That is great news. Sounds like coming home.
"The dairies are now gone". Kind of a depressing statement.
It is depressing, but there are others, just not as local as the now defunct two. And yes, I feel I’ve come full circle at the orchard. Now I have to get reacquainted with the laid of the land.🙏

So stinkin' cool!
Enjoy!

Mike
Thanks Mike, am feeling very lucky.

Reactions: Revoman
Luis! You da man and CONGRATULATIONS! That is a sweet acquisition since it's SO CLOSE! Looking forward to ALL of your ghog and feather expeditions! Now...is your Bantam back in the batting order!?
Thanks Randall, alas the Bantam is long gone… The Pathfinder XR (a mini Bantam) will be the primary for the chucks as it generates 24 fpe at the muzzle. The Atomic XR will also partake, but its going to depend on the situation, am looking to keep my shots sub 40 yards on the chucks. They are having problems with them around their buildings so am expecting close range action. On pest birds out to 60+ yards…🙏

Reactions: Ranchibi
Outstanding. I know the feeling of having a great place to shoot pests. My friend’s farm is loaded with rats; and I’m there quite often killing them with my .22 HP BRK GHOST and PARD DS 35 night vision scope. Great stuff. And he’s local too.
I’ve been enjoying your ratting videos, I used to have such nights as you are currently having… Keep slaying them🙏

Luis, good on ya! Heading out in a few minutes to meet with Revoman & Centercut for the 1st "hunt" of 2024. Vineyards in Ramona, CA.. Hope varmints & weather cooperate. It's so great to have property owners that trust us to take care of business for them. What better way to spend a day of camaraderie! Can hardly wait.

Just got invited to help keep the pest population at the local orchard under control. They are overrun with woodchucks and want me to take them out… There are also hundreds of pest birds, and I am sure there will be rats on the premises. Best part is that its five minutes away. Many years ago when it was under different ownership I shot many chucks there with my CZ452 .22 rimfire. But as the orchard changed hands I moved on to the local dairies. The dairies are now gone, so am super excited to get back onto that 90 acre orchard… My BRKs will be put to the test this Spring, Summer and Fall. Super excited, will be scouting out the locale this weekend.
Hello @L.Leon

Great deal for you and looking forward to some "updated" reports on the score :) . I'm sure the BRK will do the required job. How will you have the BRK setup and what pellet?

ThomasT

Hello @L.Leon

Great deal for you and looking forward to some "updated" reports on the score :) . I'm sure the BRK will do the required job. How will you have the BRK setup and what pellet?

ThomasT
Will be using the Pathfinder sending JSB Exact Jumbo 18s for the woodchucks. Pest birds with CPHPs out of my Atomics…

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT