New pellets sealed or not

I have an issue with one vender sending me unsealed jsb pellets. All of the pellets I have received from every other vender have been sealed with red tape. Does this one vendor receive and distribute unsealed pellets from his distrbuter or is the vendor opening and sorting pellets for their favorite customers? I will reveal the vender if most air gunners receive their pellets sealed with red tape from jsb. I would be very surprised if jsb only sends this vendor unsealed pellets. This is a reacuring issue I am having. Thanks Barry

I've gotten sealed and unsealed JSB pellets, from various suppliers over the last ten years. It seems like buying them by the sleeve they're sometimes not taped, maybe because the shrink wrap keeps the tins closed?

Honestly, presence (or lack thereof) of that little red/white tape doesn't mean much. After I clean and lube my pellets, I place them back in the tin and reseal them with the red tape. It's completely reusable and there is no way to tell that it's been used once already (I mark the tins in a different way to denote "lubed"). I would hazard a guess that most pellet suppliers, at least the bigger names, move such a large amount of pellets that they don't have the time or manpower to be sorting and giving the best pellets to their "favorite customers". I highly doubt anything nefarious (simply because of the logistics of such a feat), at least from the big volume suppliers. 

If you're finding a certain tin or tins isn't shooting as well as what you're used to, I'd put my money on differences in lots between your current and last batch of pellets. I dunno if it helps much, but I try to buy in large volume, with the hopes of getting more of the same lot, or at least pellets that were more likely to have come out of the die at a similar wear point. If nothing else, buying in large volume usually means each tin is cheaper, after the promos + shipping. 

A guy came up with a way to make his olive company more money, He took 1 olive out of each jar. After he sold 1 million jars he saved 1 million olives to fill more jars and make more money.... but on a serious note, I have received pellet tins with and without red tape. I've always had good experiences with Pyramyd buying pellets. They packed them well and good deals on bulk buys.

Imo that's kind like blackmailing. Like above, no company is gonna sort though tons of tins of pellets just to give their favorite customers the best. Some will come seal, some do not. If they really want to screw you over, they could easily place the tape back on to make it seem like its seal. Does it really matters if its seal or not? What really matters imo is, are the tins full, or half empty. Are the pellets in good shape, or damage skirt. If damage pellet, does the tin have any dent to indicate it's been dropped. These are more important than have a seal tape on a tin.

I've received a few very suspicious tins.

Not missing the red tape, but the tape looks all wrinkled and not on straight - like it does when I try to put it back on.

That vendor was instantly off the buy list.

Maybe it would have been best to call them on it and let them know this behavior lost them a customer....but who has time for that [except maybe these days].

I've called them, pellets sent to me unopened shot poorly compared to pellets that I had that were tape sealed. Their explanation was that I must be shooting the wrong caliber pellet in my gun. "Ugh" what a response from a major vender. I want to call them out on it, I just need facts, are JSB pellets shipped taped or untapped from the factory. What would be the reason to ship new pellets unsealed if sealed is the way they come from the factory? This is second time this vender has done this to me, why? Barry

I've gotten some of both. Like some have mentioned if they come in a sleeve of 5 they'll not be taped. So just depends how they get them. Also just cause there not shooting good out of your gun doesn't mean it was cause of the dealer. If the pellets are from a different die it can make alot of difference. And doesn't mean they won't shoot good out of another gun. Sadly it just happens from time to time.

Alright man. 

1585187713_13146136095e7c0b81a56873.05096634.jpg

No rhyme or reason. Even some of the sleeves (in back) have tape and some don't. 

Agree that some have tape and some don't.

However - it's ALWAYS the same tape - same color, same length, same angled trim on the end --> the tape comes from the factory and I can't imagine it's NOT put on by machine.

So - I stand by my observation that wonky tape means the pellets have been opened.

Perhaps to measure the OD by somebody looking for a particular size or to check if they are an undersized batch.

I don't know - but my rifles don't like them.

My guns don't like the unsealed pellets. There is a difference in the unsealed vs the tape sealed tins. I only brought this up due to the fact only one vender has sent unsealed pellets to me. If all venders sent some unsealed and some sealed it would seam more normal. This vender that sends unsealed pellets will not get my future business. Really glad I had ordered only pellets from them. Trust is very valuable and hard to regain once lost. Barry

My large volume pellet purchases have been from AOA and from Pyramyd Air. 

I've gotten tape and no tape from both places. Usually red tape, but sometimes white tape. I've purchased as many as 3 dozen tins from PA at once, and none of them were ever sleeves. PA always sends singles, no matter how big the order. AOA leaves them as sleeves if purchased in multiples of 5-and I've yet to get a sleeve with mixed lot #s within the same sleeve.

The hard fast rule about the stickers on the back of the tin, for every purchase I've made from either place....... whether .177, .20, or .22............

1585368497_15881674275e7ecdb16bfd53.90171491.jpg

PA on the left, AOA on the right. Lot # and head size. I would hazard a guess that AOA and PA are the top two high volume JSB sellers, or at least in the top 3 or 4. Both are likely big enough JSB dealers that they get to specify how they want the tins stickered. 

Because I've never seen drastically different accuracy results from pellets purchased from either place, I don't really think the PA tins are mixed lots. It just is a curiosity as to why PA seems to be telling JSB they want generic stickers on their tins. If I were a betting man, I'd say PA doesn't want to deal with guys requesting specific lot#s that performed really well. If we don't know the lot# than we can't request it on our next order. 

I've yet to see any kind of trend that pellets from one place shoot more or less accurately. Reduced accuracy usually is resolved by a barrel cleaning.