• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

New pellets from Qiang Yuan

My HW100 likes the 9.56 gr streamline over any other pellets, by a significant margin and in my HW44 they're tied with the 10gr jsb.

The domes were just slightly less accurate in my guns. I have a number of friends with various guns who have had similar results with QYS vs JSB as well as streamline vs dome.

Overall I'd say they're at least on par with the best JSB makes and well worth trying.

Made in Czech Republic.

No wonder it’s consistent.
1581685714_7780803225e469bd2c76739.41965202_6CBDEEE7-6E3E-419A-9C09-CAF3AB8611D5.jpeg

@ chasdicapua - exactly. I put a tin of them into my shopping cart and then when I saw shipping charges were practically double what the damned pellets cost . . . . ummmm - no. Ditto on wishing someone else would carry them - I'd like to try them out. I'm kind of curious re: Tom Holland's .177 slugs too . . .

20 ft/lb limit FT - say for instance you've got to hold over 4 dots for a 53 yard shot running jsb 10.3's . . . would that same shot only be 1 or 2 on the hold over with one of his slugs? Be kind cool if the trajectory flattened out that much. Tom - if you happen to see this? :)

I got some samples from the QYS booth at the Shot Show. The wadcutters are offered in match and 'olympic' grades;

1583185679_14980163435e5d7f0faeff41.41640764_CIMG1998.JPG

Predator Intl., who imports jsb's, imports these wadcutters primarily for 10M competition, so they should be available through retail outlets. The other two mentioned above, the dome and the streamline, aren't imported by Predator, I don't know who brings them in. But they are labeled as being made in China;

1583185267_12159080915e5d7d73864166.01839089_CIMG1997.JPG

The QYS pellets I've seen only come in .177 cal. I got a couple tins of pointed pellets as well, but like I say, I haven't tried any yet. Actually, I hadn't shot any of them since I wasn't aware that they were available anywhere here in the US. Why try a new pellet when you can't get more? These were going to be my plinking pellets. Now I'll have to try them out and see how they compare.

It's possible their performance will vary by barrel or gun. 

I was excited to try them out this summer, and I loved their finish and feel in the bore. But I kept getting inconsistent fliers with my short-stroked 12 ft/lb TX200. I got very impressive early groupings, but then I also got too many dropped shots - impacts disturbingly lower than POA. I didn't see much difference in wind effect than with 8.4 AA's. This was after three or four sessions. I really wanted them to perform.

I also thought for a while that the QYS wadcutters in the red box shot great in that same TX at 10m, but then this winter I found they were inconsistent. So for now, I've shelved the QYS pellets.

Let us know how they perform for you!