New pellets for new rifle.

Ok, so first of all, I'm new to the forums. How you folks doing?

Now onto my point. I just recently bought the Ruger Impact Max from Umarex in .22 and picked up some pellets to go with it, of course. So I was looking at the rack of pellets in Walmart and saw one that I'd never seen before. The 14.3g Pirahna from Crosman Premier, thought they looked like they would do some good for hunting so I grabbed a tin and went home. 

Upon getting home, I went out back and set up my shooting board, a 2x6 against the shed door and pulled back to my normal 20 yards. Sighting it in for the first time, my point of aim was a small half inch knot in the board. In ten shots I was near on the mark, with a slight turret adjustment and my eleventh shot hit the knit. This pleased me and I ended there. 

The next day was fairly windy and I went out to shoot, my grouping was crazy wild being around 5". I shot two targets and just couldn't get it consistently. So I gave up.

Today, well I even impressed myself. These pellets we're flying near perfect even in the slight breeze we had here. Short of a few strays on target, I was doing great. I think the last sessions wilds were due to the wind mostly. My last target group only had twotwo r strays, other than that I had seven shots in the same hole at 20 yards with these pellets. If you find them, give them a try, they did great for me.
91cc995057252e363b7b1e6c8bc4debf.jpg

That sucks. I know every rifle is different and some will shoot great with one pellet that others rifles hate and vice versa. I've heard others say they had poor groupings with this pellet as well. I guess I just got lucky with choosing something my rifle likes first try. Grabbed a second tin last night so now I have just over 700, still gotta get more though. Can never have enough rounds.