New pcp owner mrod .25

I am a new pcp airgun owner. I bought a gamo urban and only had it a few hours before sending it back to gamo. I loved the ergonomics and it hit hard for a .22 CALIBER but it had a few small issues that I couldn't look past. However I've spent the last year researching weapons to choose at a budget friendly range and I chose the .25 cal marauder. I am an avid small game hunter and I used both the 22 and 25 cal marauders before and the 25 stole my heart lol. The green mountain barrel, sytehnitic stock, customizable features and tuning abilities is great. Mostly I got it because it had such a great reputation and I knew it could perform at 50 yards to 100 with optimal accuracy. I wanted a weapon I could hunt up to 120 yards with and this I think is the one I need. I haven't had a chance to get it all set up yet and tune it but I'm looking for pointers. I hunt all small game but i have a coyote problem on my property and id like to take a few out. Just looking for advice on pellet grain choices for different hunting styles as well as ways to improve overall performance. Thanks and Happy hunting !

Good deal, you should love it.
Mods, well you know they never end if that's what you want.

On the ones you tried was the torsion spring removed from the trigger pack? As a true hunter maybe you want to leave it as issued ( not a bad idea at all ) but that spring on the one I measured allowed the trigger to go down to 3lb,4oz with the "trigger weight" spring removed. Torsion spring out, adjust and you have a match grade trigger, vibrate all the trigger parts ( think polishing but better) oh my, nice.
Anyway pics to the spring removal:

https://avveduti.wordpress.com/tag/marauder/

And he goes through marauder tuning, several section I believe so maybe click a bit.

Let us know how it all ends up.

John

Thanks for the all the replies so fast ! Wasn't expecting that lol. I will upload pictures and videos as I started a YouTube channel for my hunts this year. I will use my springer and the mrod. I plan to leave the mrod alone at first and just find out what it likes best as far as pellets and grainage ( jsb exact heavies) I've heard have the best ballistic coeffiecnt. But the guy I hunt with has the 22 and the 25 and and the 25 is just a powerhouse. As far as tweaking things go I'll be on here to ask and follow in the footsteps of you experienced guys ! I appreciate the help and am very glad I joined! 

Congrats on the new air rifle!
25.39 JSBs & 43g Eunjins work great on yotes. 
I bought my synrod a couple years ago strictly for a yote problem (7 yotes down so far).

Tp5Dvm9.jpg

Okay fellas here's the update. I had purchased my Marauder through airgun Depot and it was a bundle that came with the Benjamin hand pump however the in-stock date kept getting pushed back and before this I have been waiting for the gauntlet to drop for over 3 months. So after researching I found a way to get the gun and the pump for the same price but order it separately so I will finally have my Marauder on September 1st and my pump shortly after. The guy I hunt with owns several pcps and he is going two give me a plethora of pellets to test but I will make sure to test the ones mentioned above first and I will definitely post pictures. I have already had my scope purchased earlier so as soon as I get everything calibrated and set up I will post some pictures and maybe even some grouping pictures after I dial her in. Thanks for all the help and look forward to posting some kills. Happy Hunting.

I have the .22 MROD, and really enjoy the gun. It's down right now while I do a complete retune. That is half the fun of the gun though. It's incredibly flexible. You can tune for power with fewer shots, or tune for lighter pellets and more shots. At one point, I had it up to 40 reliable shots per fill. Last week, it was set for about 20 shots shooting a JSB Exact Heavy for 75 yards. At this instant in time, it's set back to what Crosman calls the Factory Settings, meaning it only takes 2500 PSI to fill the tank, so around (I hope) 30 shots with the Crosman Premier Domes. If you hand pump, lower fill pressure is really important.

​I wouldn't advise "Tuning" it until you shoot a couple tins of pellets and get to know the gun, and have decided what you want to do with it. It's got three settings, and finding a setting combination that works can take quite a bit of time and shooting to get there. Lots and lots of ways to accomplish the same basic tune, so really flexible!

​People I've met with the .25's: 1. Love them. 2. Will never give them up.

​Looking at pellets and such, you'll need to choose the pellet and tune to that pellet. The pellet is the 4th adjustment factor!

​The Marauder is a good, solid, accurate rifle. Good choice all the way around.

a8c5cb35f5d1089a46779b5f1862b129.jpg

The Mrod is finally here ! Borrowed a friend's scuba tank and a handful of several pellets. I mounted a leapers 3-12x44 scope with adjustable parallax adjustment and 36color illuminated mildot reticle. And Yes I have the range card for their "9 dot" reticle vs the standard 4 or 5 or whatever it is lol. But I'm very happy and will post grouping shots when I get a chance as well as a YouTube video. Thank you all to helped me with the questions I had and I'm sure I'll have more to come. As always Happy hunting!
8057d9659b20593f2749f364748c18c8.jpg