• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New PCP owner incoming!

Hey all,

My .22 Gauntlet is arriving on Monday. This is my first pcp and being the analytical type, I’m trying to do as much research as possible beforehand. 

I’m hoping to get some tips for being a clueless new owner. A few things I’ve noticed: It seems everyone has different thoughts on how to properly clean Airgun barrels. What’s best on the Gauntlet? Any other maintenance things that need checked on a new gun?

I planned on cleaning, mounting the scope and then shooting the crap out of it for break-in and to check some different pellets for accuracy. What else else do you guys recommend?

I’ve also got the Hatsan 4 stage hand pump coming along with it. Totally clueless on maintenance for it as well.

Thanks for all of the help, this has been a great resource and you guys are awesome!

I remove the shroud for easy cleaning using a pull through ( crown-saver) patch.

As you've researched I'm sure you've noted trigger adjustment being reasonably well "needed" , have your two 2mm "jam nuts" from ace hardware or such on hand?

And naturally check most screws & you should be good for a day of smiling fun.

John

note, cock using only thumb & fore finger

I remove the shroud for easy cleaning using a pull through ( crown-saver) patch.

As you've researched I'm sure you've noted trigger adjustment being reasonably well "needed" , have your two 2mm "jam nuts" from ace hardware or such on hand?

And naturally check most screws & you should be good for a day of smiling fun.

John

note, cock using only thumb & fore finger

Haven’t got the goodies for any mods yet. I figured I’d just shoot it stock for awhile. I’m sure the trigger is better than the Forge. It’s awful on that rifle.

IMHO if you don't have a hand full of pellets on hand go to straight shooters.com and get their sample pack, it is a really good way to start.

My gauntlet in 22 likes JSB heavy the best, just a good all around pellet. For mine cocking was never an issue....so odd that has come up so much here lately.....well not really odd. I think you will find that the gauntlet punches above its weight class....just make sure everything is snugged down, and I doubt you will have any issues with it.

There is also a facebook group (Umerex Gauntlet owners group) that has a lot of good info on your new gun-I love mine& have added a larger bottle(23 cu.in.-$28) & Hajimoto/ jsair tune kit($60) that changes poppet, adds lighter hammer spring & adjustment for HS & lighter trigger spring. Trigger is easy to adjust- Can also adjust Ninja reg. by changing /adding shims/ bellville washers. Great gun to tinker with and easy to do so. Tuned mine to shoot JSB 15.89 @ 870 fps. for 120+ shots & getting 1" gr. @ 50 yds. no problem-enjoy!