• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New pcp choice

I own a magnum springer, and a kral NP03 pcp. I haven’t been back into airguns for very long now, but I’m already hooked. I can also see the differences between high end pcp’s and budget-mid grade pcp’s. 
im a big fan of the tactical style pcp’s, and it’s time to add another gun to my arsenal. If I were to spend $1300 (my budget) on a tactical style pcp, that doesn’t really need to shoot extremely long distances (but would be a plus), have decent shot count, and Is reliable, what would be your choice?

a plus would be something collapsible to fit in a backpack or ride in my truck, but not a requirement. 
I was looking at the Fx dream-tact compact, maybe the fx dream-tact full size, And the brocock sniper or commander (sniper is in my price range, commander would have to be sourced used for my budget). 

DreamTac Compact. I absolutely love them. I have a dedicated .177 and the second, I switch between .22 and .25. Accurate enough for squirrels at 65 yards in all 3 calibers.

Why would you go with the compact against the standard size? They are almost the same price, but the standard has higher velocities because of the longer barrel. I heard you can also use slug liners in them too. Is the compact just for backpackers or truck gun use? Or can you put longer barrels and get the same velocities as the standard size?

DreamTac Compact. I absolutely love them. I have a dedicated .177 and the second, I switch between .22 and .25. Accurate enough for squirrels at 65 yards in all 3 calibers.

Why would you go with the compact against the standard size? They are almost the same price, but the standard has higher velocities because of the longer barrel. I heard you can also use slug liners in them too. Is the compact just for backpackers or truck gun use? Or can you put longer barrels and get the same velocities as the standard size?

because the compact with the foldable stock easily fits backpack, the standard does not. now i don't know for certain , but i believe the main block of the gun is the same . so you should be able to change barrels to longer , change calibers , change to a bigger bottle , etc. cost extra of course , but cheaper than another gun.

because the compact with the foldable stock easily fits backpack, the standard does not. now i don't know for certain , but i believe the main block of the gun is the same . so you should be able to change barrels to longer , change calibers , change to a bigger bottle , etc. cost extra of course , but cheaper than another gun.

I do like the fact that fx guns are well built and have crazy amounts of interchangeability. Not to mention an awesome aftermarket support system. I have heard horror stories about leak downs, and other small issues, but I don’t know if hat makes them unreliable. I’m tough on my stuff, so something reliable and sturdy is what I’m going for. If I had the money to drop on a leshiy 2 I would, but that’s in impact territory, and I don’t want to go that far yet. I also want to stick with .22 for the large amount of ammo options, and the cheap ness of that ammo!

I just ordered a Brocock Commander for the same reason as you. I already have lots of Bantam HiLites and Sniper HRs and a Frankensteined Compatto but really wanted the ability to make it compact for travel and storage. AoA wouldnt give a definitive answer to whether or not the stocks are interchangeable so I just wanted to find out for myself. They also stated they don't sell the Commander stocks separately which is the only thing I needed. Guess it doesn't matter if they're swappable or not now.

The Commander would be a more tactical option and I've seen them pop-up on the classifieds more often than the Sniper.

If you get something that is mil-spec AR stock compatible then you have a lot of stock (and folding stock) options down the road if you want to convert. 

I am not suggesting you put $3K into an Evol, but just a taste of what is possible:

1595441867_10840112525f1882cb0eb790.74651090.jpeg

I really like the commander, but I watched aeac review of it, and he talked about magazine damaging pellets, and cocking lever being stiff. Also, I really thought for the price, you would get more fpe. You have to buy the magnum to get high power, and that’s almost impact pricing!! 

I seem to compare all these to he price of the impact 😬, but I don’t have anything else to go on. I know the impact is the “everyone has to have one” gun, so that’s why I use it that way, should I just save up and buy one? They won’t be available until probably Christmas anyway!! Along with any other fx product for that matter!!!

I really like the commander, but I watched aeac review of it, and he talked about magazine damaging pellets, and cocking lever being stiff. Also, I really thought for the price, you would get more fpe. You have to buy the magnum to get high power, and that’s almost impact pricing!! 

I seem to compare all these to he price of the impact
1f62c.svg
, but I don’t have anything else to go on. I know the impact is the “everyone has to have one” gun, so that’s why I use it that way, should I just save up and buy one? They won’t be available until probably Christmas anyway!! Along with any other fx product for that matter!!!

I never really understood the FX craze. I don’t and will never buy the Impact myself (it’s not worth the trouble IMO). Also, the Brocock magazine should be fine. It would definitely be the Sniper XR or Concept for me (though I would instead buy the Daystate Huntsman Regal XL because I rather traditional looking rifles).

AK

We bought my son a Zbroia Kozak FC550 a couple of weeks ago at the advice of Charlie Frear. He tuned it and shipped it to us for $965. My son absolutely loves this gun. It’s a tack driver with both the 15.89 and the 18.13 gr JSB’s, it’s super quiet, very well built, looks great, is easy to work on and has a great shot count. It shoots the 15.89’s at about 955fps and the 18.13 a little less. I had my reservations and was trying to get my son to go with the Uragan or Veteran but this gun really is great! I can’t say anything bad about it. For $965 delivered, including Charlies power tune, it’s a steal. It’s definitely worth taking a look at. 

Stoti