• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NEW or Custom FT Air Rifles

Yes that is all. I made it on my lathe. I have been using them for over a year. Nothing new here. Olympic rifles have been using the concept for decades. Browning Rifle co has called it the " Boss" . It seems that now a couple of airgun manufacturers are reintroducing it as the new Holy Grail. RAW and FX so far. It does work. On the very first picture of the thread you'll see one I made for my Tau pcp, right behind the moderator. Works great as well. It's interesting to see how little of a turn of the weight can make your groups enlarge or shrink. Pretty cool. I'm expecting to see more manufacturers to introduce tuners to the market.

I built this Gen1 Marauder for use in WFTF. My Marauder has a custom Gary Cane stock, and many other mods. The scope shown in this image has been replaced by a Falcon X50 10-50X60, so I should really get an updated image uploaded. My WFTF days are on hold, as I am now in need of total knee replacement in both knees...

IMG_9338.1644979577.JPG

I have used/using with succes in FT the following scopes:

• Athlon Argos 6-25×50 gen1
  • Athlon Helos 6-24×56 gen2
  • Crimson Trace 3 series 5-25×56
  • Riton x5 5-25×50
  • Riton X7 4-32×56
  • Nightforce Nx8 4-32X50
  • Delta Stryker HD 5-50×56 

The ones I still use now are the:

Helos, X7, NX8 and Stryker. I manufactured custom parallax wheels for all of them. 

The ones that I used that where not good where:

• Athlon Talos FFP 4-14-44
  • UTG True 6-24×50
  • Discovery Optics 5-30×56 SFIR SLT
  • Discovery Optics ED 6-24×50 SFIR 

Not a weight limit on the rifle setup If you can lift it and be steady with it for standing shots, that is all you need. Generally heavier can help with stability, but the tradeoff is on your ability to handle it. Some people like their rifles light and others on the heavy side. Typical weight ranges with optics and other accessories from 8 lbs to 15+ lbs depending if it is a PCP, springer, smal, large, heavy scope etc. 

Nice stock. I do not shoot FT but I do shoot Metallic Silhouette for air rifles. Not many FT matches around here. Is there a weight limit on these air rifles?

Thanks

Tom

I got my Thomas FT built by Mike N and received it 11 days ago which I used last weekend in the Sonoran Desert match. As far as a rifle for offhand I haven't come across a rifle that I've shot so well before, this includes 3 Olympic match rifles I've owned. Even in a match setting with nerves making me less steady or sure than I would be normally I was able to get 15/16 of the positional targets which for me and my ability level is more than I could have ever wished for! Kneeling is very uncomfortable to me so I shot those lanes offhand as default.

I don't like the forward weight bias on a gun for offhand but rather the balance of the gun being directly above my non dominant hand and this Thomas is right there. Also the weight of the rifle is near perfect for me because I find if a rifle is too heavy I fatigue quick and if its too light its not stable enough. Well half the reason I bought this rifle was hoping it'd increase my offhand comfort and scores and it certainly has done that.

It sure shoots awesome too! Often when I'd see where my miss went it'd be a spit at 9 or 3 o'clock!

20220228_174430.1646837738.jpg