• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New one should be here Monday!

I was tempted to get a Leshiy but resisted. I looked really hard at the R5 and resisted. I filled out the order for a Lelya 2.0 then deleted the web-page. I could not resist the R5M .25 Long. This looks to be the Holy Grail of air rifles from my perspective. I am very happy with my R3M .25 STD. The R5M is going to be an undeniable step up. From my seat it is difficult to improve on the R3M. 

While at it I also ordered one of the new Hawke Sidewinder FFP Mil/Mil 6-24X scopes for a trial. It is larger and heavier than I want, but I have been really happy with my other Sidewinders so I thought I would try one of these.

Looking forward to connecting with others who have R5Ms on here to share learnings.

Joe

Reactions: CampFussell
"JWilson"I was tempted to get a Leshiy but resisted. I looked really hard at the R5 and resisted. I filled out the order for a Lelya 2.0 then deleted the web-page. I could not resist the R5M .25 Long. This looks to be the Holy Grail of air rifles from my perspective. I am very happy with my R3M .25 STD. The R5M is going to be an undeniable step up. From my seat it is difficult to improve on the R3M. 
While at it I also ordered one of the new Hawke Sidewinder FFP Mil/Mil 6-24X scopes for a trial. It is larger and heavier than I want, but I have been really happy with my other Sidewinders so I thought I would try one of these.
Looking forward to connecting with others who have R5Ms on here to share learnings.
Joe
Congrats Joe. Will be fun following you new R5M owners. Brian just got my check today, so I won't be too far behind you. Will be my first Edgun period and I hope I like it so much it makes me sell my .22 Crickets and Colibri and get another one just like it when the .22 cal R5M 's come in. LOL

1522108662_12647315985ab988f697d145.67589946_3D9A9163-6FF4-45BA-8459-76C57B35B1E5.jpeg

Arrived today as scheduled! I got the scope and rail mounted. Ran a couple patches through the barrel, checked fasteners and stepped out back to see what it would do with the 34s. Lots of unknowns right now as I just begin to explore the gun. I will be installing the Huma reg and plenum kit soon so I just shot it and played with the HST. No doubt this one will handle the 34s. It currently peaks just shy of 880. Looking forward to the next couple weeks.

I do not have a regulator tester so I am going off where the reg is set on the Huma tape...

Started at 115 Bar and was able to back off first peak and stabilize at 870. Degassed and set reg at 120. I was able to back off first peak and stabilize at 883. Degassed and set reg at 125 and it was a whole new gun... Lots of room to tune. I stopped at 915 and had not peaked. I backed it off to 895 which was my desired initial setup velocity with the 34s. So far so good.

I am liking the scope really well. The reticle gets just a tad thick at 24X. I find myself liking the 18x area for most shooting so far out to 100 yards. Scope does track well and POI is stable throughout magnification range.

I am sure I will refine the tune when all you guys start posting your results. I can say there is real potential in this one.

So far cycling has been smooth and without issue. The magazine does feel different when snapped in place compared to the R3M.

More tomorrow.

Joe

"JWilson"I do not have a regulator tester so I am going off where the reg is set on the Huma tape...
Started at 115 Bar and was able to back off first peak and stabilize at 870. Degassed and set reg at 120. I was able to back off first peak and stabilize at 883. Degassed and set reg at 125 and it was a whole new gun... Lots of room to tune. I stopped at 915 and had not peaked. I backed it off to 895 which was my desired initial setup velocity with the 34s. So far so good.

Hello there. I too bought a R5m long from Brian and had him install the Huma in it. I have been shooting the 25 grain pellets as he was sold out of the heavy ones, but it is only shooting them at around 870 fps. I assume he set the huma to 120 as that is what the lower limit is on the EDMU. I would like to turn it up a little. I am new to the self tuning game and was wondering if you had a minute to explain what you mean by “backing off the first peak and stablizing.” I really enjoy the design and functionality of the gun. I don’t know that I care for the grip shape much but it has been blasting ground squirrels from the pickup truck with ease. Thanks for your time and willingness to share your findings with the rest of us.