New Night Force scope coming out!

I think I’ll get one of these, I was going to get a 7-35 with the military discount but the new NX8 additions look promising.. 4-32 mag, 11 yard focus, plenty of elevation. I’m sure it’ll be great! Thought I’d share.. bit of a scope snob on the search to top my old Schmidt bender 12-50.

Matt 

1556419042_20068163245cc511e21d32a2.16282540_5B1C8BBB-313D-4B32-961D-46BCE3F9A525.jpeg

So the NX8 range has a 4-32X50 coming out? 30mm tube is a huge bonus for airgun IMO due to the range of mounts availible, 11yds PX and only 13.4" long, the NF website currently only shows the 1-8 version.

I have a 7-35 ATACR F1 and the 25X ATACR in SFP, brilliant scopes, however I want the compact length of the 4-16 ATACR but in at least 25X and with short PX range so this NX8 could be it, a bonus with the 30 tube as well!

No doubt the 7-35 will be better but the price point of the NX8 line is cheaper. My old SHV i sold had pretty decent glass. I wish FX would sell 34mm no limit rings! 

The scope would be used for 200+ yards, even my good ole Athlon can be used for that now. The glass isn’t clear at 24x but it does the job for now. 

1556455812_7833505575cc5a184be72c5.81829119_E70AD1CA-D881-4227-8767-54C8F6C9F692.jpeg

Furthest plate is 200 yards. Not bad for a budget scope. 

Nightforce has been advertising the new NX8 additions on their Facebook page. 

Matt 

Interesting! I don't think the glass quality will be an issue. The glass in my 7-35 F1 is great, but I can't tell much of a difference in clarity / color compared with my NXS (nor the SHV that I had). The Tangent Theta and Minox scopes were the only scopes that my eyes perceived a difference, but I'm sure there's some scope snobs out there with better vision than mine :)

$2000 plus for a scope? Honestly? For an air rifle? AND I’ve owned several nightforce scopes I just can’t see that much advantage to them. I’ve been using Athlon and Nikon X1000 scopes priced in the $500 range and I think Vortex as well. I think you are correct it’s snob appeal . I’ll wage if you compared the scopes side to side without knowing the manufacture very few of us could pick out The nightforce from the others. BUT if money was of no concern buy the best . I’ve spent a fortune on guns and gear but I do have some limitations 

$2000 plus for a scope? Honestly? For an air rifle? AND I’ve owned several nightforce scopes I just can’t see that much advantage to them. I’ve been using Athlon and Nikon X1000 scopes priced in the $500 range and I think Vortex as well. I think you are correct it’s snob appeal . I’ll wage if you compared the scopes side to side without knowing the manufacture very few of us could pick out The nightforce from the others. BUT if money was of no concern buy the best . I’ve spent a fortune on guns and gear but I do have some limitations

I spent twice that on my 7-35 with the T3 reticle. The reticle adds a a few hundred to the price tag, but other than that I have zero gripes. The system allows me to shoot better in the wind, the scope it about as rugged as they come, and I can swap it over to my PB when I get the itch to shoot out to 1000+ and be able to see what I’m hitting. I wasn’t crying when I bought it, piece of mind is priceless to me. In retrospect, if the glass is clear at long range on this new one - I’m getting one if they offer it in MIL-C or T3.

I can’t wait for the new ones to come out! They seem to be very promising and cheaper compared to the flagship mods.

Woohoo! They're out!!! I just ordered a 4-32 MIL-C from Mile High Shooting! I don't know how many more they have in stock, I called and asked if he had one as I was checking out on their site, he said yes and I immediately hung up the phone to get my order locked in LOL!

I'm looking forward to getting it, but I'm going to really put it to the test against my 7-35 ATACR and my March 3-24. It's a bit heavier than the March, and doesn't have quite the magnification as the 7-35, and the objective bell is smaller on the NX8 than both of them. My primary concern is low light visibility, I'm used to the March's weight now - but I think I can deal with a few more oz's to gain more magnification. 

I'll have it next Tuesday 😎 

Interested too. Sounds like guys are enjoying them so far. 

Side note DSK, the Mil-XT is apparently in some Nightforce documentation somewhere and I think I heard that it might be released later in the year. I would have to go back and find the thread on a different forum, but it was a heated debate and seems like it is legit.

Early Q4 2019 is when they're (reportedly) going to offer the MIl-XT and Tremor3 reticles on the new NX8's, according to my vendor and NF's website (click the reticle drop down on the 2.5-20 and the 4-32) .. http://nightforceoptics.com/nx8/nx8-4-32x50-f1