New Neighbors!

I have some new neighbors. on their first day Thay came over as I was BBQing and announced that Thay were vegan and would like for me not to BBQ!!? I told them my name and that I was a carnivore and would not be granting the request! That afternoon I get a call from the HOA (that I don't belong to), asking me to limit my BBQ activities! or face a fine. When I pointed out that I'm not a part of the HOA, and that I would not be complying with the request, I was asked to join the HOA!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I told the HOA pres NO chance, and to have a nice day. Neighbor disputes can be a trying situation, even if you are within the rules and laws.
Start smoking pork shoulders. They usually take eight hours or more. Best pulled pork sandwiches ever. The smell is divine to a carnivore.

I'd tell them directly that I shoot airguns on my property and I'm very careful... but ya never know how ce, cir, cir, cirs, cirself, co, cos, cos, coself, cy, cyr, cyr, cyrs, cyrself, ey, em, eir, eirs, emself, he, him, his, himself, hey, hem, heir, heirs, hemself, ne, nem, nir, nirs, nemself, qui, quem, quis, quis, quemself, she, her, hers, herself, hie, hir, hir, hirs, hirself, tey, tem, teir, teirs, temself, they, them, their, theirs, themself, xe, xem, xyr, xyrs, xemself, xie, hir, hir, hirs, hirself, yo, yos, yos, yoself, ze, zir, zirs, zirself, ve, vis, ver, verself will react on the left coast.

I have some new neighbors. on their first day Thay came over as I was BBQing and announced that Thay were vegan and would like for me not to BBQ!!? I told them my name and that I was a carnivore and would not be granting the request! That afternoon I get a call from the HOA (that I don't belong to), asking me to limit my BBQ activities! or face a fine. When I pointed out that I'm not a part of the HOA, and that I would not be complying with the request, I was asked to join the HOA!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I told the HOA pres NO chance, and to have a nice day. Neighbor disputes can be a trying situation, even if you are within the rules and laws.
That’s just nuts!

I'd tell them directly that I shoot airguns on my property and I'm very careful... but ya never know how ce, cir, cir, cirs, cirself, co, cos, cos, coself, cy, cyr, cyr, cyrs, cyrself, ey, em, eir, eirs, emself, he, him, his, himself, hey, hem, heir, heirs, hemself, ne, nem, nir, nirs, nemself, qui, quem, quis, quis, quemself, she, her, hers, herself, hie, hir, hir, hirs, hirself, tey, tem, teir, teirs, temself, they, them, their, theirs, themself, xe, xem, xyr, xyrs, xemself, xie, hir, hir, hirs, hirself, yo, yos, yos, yoself, ze, zir, zirs, zirself, ve, vis, ver, verself will react on the left coast.
BWAHAHA!!

IMO, do not say a thing, once the cat is out of the bag, you are done. And you will wish you never said anything.
If either one of them is into airguns, chances are they are not. They will know what you are doing, and be fine with it, without talking about it.
If you are legal , there is nothing that they can do, so do not give them any words that they can use against you.

Cows eat grass and I eat cows so that makes me vegan right?
Ya, I am a 2nd hand vegetarian or vegan or what ever also, doing my best to save the made-up climate change scam from cow farts,
but I am a conflicted sort, as I will use my PCP to save the cow's pasture from prairie dogs

as to genders:
men are from Mars
women are from Venus
the confused genders seem to gather around Uranus

Last edited:
I recently went through a similar experience. I had a neighbor that I liked next to my playground property, his wife died and 3 days later he put the house up for sale, sold in less than a week. I dropped everything and went full speed setting up my range because I thought for sure if I didn't the area behind my backstop would be my new neighbors kids favorite play area.

New neighbor moves in, asks to check out my property and I said sure, he see's my range and asks about it, and I explain that I enjoy shooting air rifles, that I use to shoot 25M BR and HFT at a GC, but the driving became too much, so I purchased this property for outdoor activities with more rooom than my backyard.

Get this he says, oh I had guys at my GC that shoot PCP air rifles with the tanks, and said I want to get a .22. I told him I that I have all the equipment, he asked me how many yards, I said 90, his reply: well I know how important 100 yards is in shooting, so you can extend your range out to 100 if you set up a good backstop. :)

Don't sweat it yet, you never know!

We recently attended and shot at an nrl 22 competition. (With airguns). About three fourth of the way through the shoot a huge fire suddenly burst up some distance behind the berm we were shooting at and the tall heavy built wooden wall behind it. After a bit we noticed a utv and a guy in the space just to the right of the wall. Then he started shooting some kind of loud gun. We called a halt as he was clearly intentionally positioning himself in the most dangerous position possible. The range owners were called and they came out.
It turns out there had been a lawsuit which the range had recently won. Part of the neighboring property, a largely unused corner extended partly behind the berm and the owner was trying to shut down the range. Since he had lost this was an intimidation stunt. The range owners explained that the court had sided with them, the sheriffs office was supporting them and extensive testing had been done to ensure the safety of the range. They begged us to continue shooting as if he was able to shut down a shooting match they knew it would happen every time. So we resumed and he soon left.
I sure don’t envy those range owners. It’s hard to win with some people even if you go out of your way to be friendly toward them.
Like someone else said. Some people aren’t happy unless they’re unhappy.

But seriously, did you send them a meal yet for the move in? And take over a fruit basket this week.
I was a little wild when younger and Susie (sweetest adorable girl that anybody will love) and I had our first house. Me, with loud fast bikes and going in and out with guns and stuff. Neighbors would hear me a mile away winding it up and rowing the shifter. Some thought I was a little cuckoo and maybe I was.....BUT I always shoveled snow for them. Gave out home made Christmas cookies (Yes! I make some of the best you ever had. Ask for my famous Sand Tart recipe I guarantee better than Gramma's). Everybody knew I had their back. And they had mine. Few exceptions ever.
thats the way it’s supposed to work. 👍

I too have a lot of targets set up in my backyard range and also just got a new neighbor. I've chatted with him a few times but he completely gutted the house so it's not livable right now. He had surgery recently so not sure how much work will be done on the house over the winter. I haven't seen him in several weeks now. We are secluded here and I can't see the nearest neighbors house, even in the winter when all the leaves are gone. But still, I do shoot PB's sometimes and that sound carries for miles as we are surrounded by water. When I first moved here a few years ago, I checked the laws and it is legal to shoot here. The very first time I shot my handgun I had the state troopers at my house in no time.... 3 of them actually. They were totally cool with me shooting, even took a minute to verify I was shooting in a safe area with a good back stop. They mainly said they needed to investigate since it was called in by someone. Never found out who called but I've continued to shoot and never been bothered again. Lately though, I shoot my airguns 95% of the time.
We get a lot of people walking the road due to the lack of traffic and scenic waterways. Many of my targets can be seen from the road so I'm sure people put 2N2 together. Even so, as I walk around my property, I'm very discrete about letting anyone see me with a rifle. I'm not worried about being confronted, I'm on my property safely and legally doing what I want. It's more an issue that it's none of their business.
As for the new neighbor, he's cool. He's a gun owner too and has absolutely no issue with me shooting. I've even peeked his interest in airguns!! We've discussed getting together to shoot. Hopefully, after winter clears out, we'll be able to do that.

my famous Sand Tart recipe
Those, well aside for the pieces of nuts on them, look like what we Danes call Jew cookies ( i kid you not )

Though now searing for a picture, it do seem like putting nuts on / nut flakes / crumble are not unheard of.

In my book though just brown sugar / cinnamon on Jew cookies.

iu

Reactions: DirtBikeMike07
Not trying to start regional conflicts or us vs them or such. But, people often move out of the city and urban areas or even some states to flee congestion, crime and defunding. So, when such persons flee such areas, they need to understand what makes their new home different from where they were and adapt to a new way of thinking rather than trying to enforce or force upon their new neighbors their failed belief system from which the results they just fled from.

Those, well aside for the pieces of nuts on them, look like what we Danes call Jew cookies ( i kid you not )

Though now searing for a picture, it do seem like putting nuts on / nut flakes / crumble are not unheard of.

In my book though just brown sugar / cinnamon on Jew cookies.

iu
They look OK......but not what Mom made. I make mine as I do because they're Awesome! From what I hear.
Try and see. It makes 100 and you will be glad it does.
BF699B94-E6BD-4492-AC61-B6A3C9A3D25F.jpeg

I’ve been using this hand written recipe for many years. The notes on the bottom are for an old oven we had. Ignore that.
Make some together with your family.
Over the years when I did things like this with our young sons an odd thing tended to occur …………Conversations! ❤️
Over Thanksgiving our youngest son was home from college. As we cooked together I got a free Calculus lesson! ;)

SHARE SOME COOKIES WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS!

Does your county or city allow a homeowner to butcher poultry? Maybe an ice breaker, just saying.

Reactions: maxtrouble