New metal AEA HP SS magazine received

After breaking yet another AEA magazine's spring, I ordered a magazine from a vendor that I normally don't purchase from, and guess what? The magazine casing was metal. The rotary part that holds the pellets is still plastic, but it feels a lot nicer with the casing being metal. I used a caliper, and the overall thickness of the magazine is 0.3-0.4mm thinner. Not sure if this will make a difference in the jamming. I have high hopes for this magazine, but we gonna see. Has anyone tried these new or (aftermarket?) magazines?

Last edited:
SAG has them:

If the cover is being hit, it's the person shooting the guns thats at fault.

If the magazine is inserted correctly, the probe will pass right through without touching the cover.

If the magazine is inserted and the cover gets moved in the process (extremely easy to do) the probe will hit the cover.

It's not that, the damn bolt on some (mine is REALLY bad) will flop around, letting it fire slightly out of battery and dropping firing pressure into the magazine, grenading it.

I changed the bolt handle and glued on some rare earth N52 grade magnets.
Now mine stays closed, but I have had TWO out of battery incidents, thankfully BOTH doing single shot without a magazine - the second time under night vision, and that was when I said 'no-more' again modded it up.

Wouldn't be so bad if you could purchase parts for the mags. The springs and star wheels is what I have broken. Does anyone have a source for an exploded view and parts for the guns? I haven't been able to find one for the HP series or the Terminator. The parts availability they do list has not been in stock for me. I have been told 3 weeks for the past 6 weeks on bottle adapters and magazines

Reactions: rmoreno6014
It's not that, the damn bolt on some (mine is REALLY bad) will flop around, letting it fire slightly out of battery and dropping firing pressure into the magazine, grenading it.

I changed the bolt handle and glued on some rare earth N52 grade magnets.
Now mine stays closed, but I have had TWO out of battery incidents, thankfully BOTH doing single shot without a magazine - the second time under night vision, and that was when I said 'no-more' again modded it up.

OK, Ill give you that on the semi-auto,

guys, some of these magazines don't even have the magnet part at the bottom. I bought some plastic AEA .25 mags from thepelletshop and they seemed like old magazines. they had a slightly different acrylic cover and the bottom right part of the magazine didn't even have the magnet! In the back, it says "A01". My "newer" plastic magazine with the magnet says "A1".

I too have had problems with the AEA HP SS Semi Auto magazines. NO problems with my AEA HP ss Max. Those mags are fine. I think the majority of the complaints are with the Semi Auto version of this gun. I have read over and over numerous complaints about the exact same thing with these magazines. The Semi auto is a whole different design of firing. Therefore they do take a beating. Unlike the bolt single firing action of the Max, which has no problems basically. I have had now 3 of my Hp SS semi auto mags break, the first one snapped back from retention as I was loading it, causing it to break the top cheapy plastic in half, rendering it useless, the other broke from the back of the mag, the cheap plastic once again failed from the spring that's attached to the backing of the mag....and the third one just this week, again broke from the plastic transparent cover. The first breakage I can say was probably my fault, accidentally letting go of it, and it snapping. But the second and third time? Come on....these things need to be made of metal, not of cheap ass plastic. The guns are great, and a load of fun, but that fun has been stopped in its tracks because of their ridiculous design and materials used for construction. A total FAIL on AEA manufacturing. This many failed and broken magazines from users , all over the United States, cant be just everyone using the mags wrong. Its definitely on AEA, and its poorly designed and made magazines.

Last edited:
After breaking yet another AEA magazine's spring, I ordered a magazine from a vendor that I normally don't purchase from, and guess what? The magazine casing was metal. The rotary part that holds the pellets is still plastic, but it feels a lot nicer with the casing being metal. I used a caliper, and the overall thickness of the magazine is 0.3-0.4mm thinner. Not sure if this will make a difference in the jamming. I have high hopes for this magazine, but we gonna see. Has anyone tried these new or (aftermarket?) magazines?
Hey Squirrel, Lucky You!!! God, I would love to get my hands on one of your metal magazines you got! I believe the attached link you provided took me to Survival Airguns. To my disappointment, either they no longer carry them, or they've been out of stock for some time now. I have been searching for the very magazine you have, but to my avail, no luck in finding this rare CNC metal AEA HP SS magazine. In my experience, I have gone through now, a half dozen magazines, within six months, that have all broke in the exact same way. It appears that the mold where the metal spring attaches to the back housing of the plastic magazine is the engineering flaw, or fail , part of the mag, if you will. It goes from metal, to plastic, and where that is molded and attached is where it keeps breaking. It is the area where it takes the most stress from the magazine. Making a metal housing so the metal spring can attach to, would be the fix to graveyard of magazines I now have, that leave my gun useless as of right now. Exremely frustrating. The gun itself has been a blast to shoot. Decent accuracy at 35 yards out. Dime size. Does any one know where to get theses mags????

Sleepless in San Jose
Randy

Broken Mag.jpg

Broken 2.jpg

Broken 4.jpg

Brokin 3.jpg

SAG has them:

i found this post looking for a better mag , for my AEA HPSS Semi auto 22 cal, but don't see them when i went to SAG. anyone else selling a better mag than stock ? TIA , roger

Last edited:
This is where my mags start to fail. The wheel deforms and then indexes the round a bit out of alignment. The more it jams the worse it gets. I have not broken the stem that attaches the wheel like the above photos. But I retire mine when I see the tips start to deform. The clear plate is easy to make. Get a 12 inch sheet of 1/8" Lexan off amason cut out a ruff square of the shape them grind it to shape on a bench grinder.
20230816_211610.jpg

On my new AEA SF Standard .30, after about 15 shots on both magazines the wheel broke: pic.
It's strange that there are so many different failures on this magazines.
As I am living in the Caribien, it's not so easy to get replacements and don't want to pay a lot for bad magazines.
Is there anyone who can sell and send me left over wheels/rotor for the semi automatic ,30 AEA magazine ?

AEA ST .30 magazine broken.jpg

look guys, if you want a semi-auto that works without jamming, Edgun Leshiy is probably the answer. I would never buy an AEA again. The valve pin recently broke in my AEA (Yet another VERY typical design flaw with the AEA). I called Bin (the founder of AEA) and he just tried to sell me a new one with the same design flaw for something like 50 bucks shipped. It's absolutely insane.