• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Meopta Scopes

I get a warning on both links and they don't open.

Iteresting. Same thing here...today.

Yesterday when i posted these links, they opened and worked just fine??

Those links are directly from this page. https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/rada/meopro-optika-6-13153-2/

-> 1-6x24 RD and 2.5-15x44 RD.

Meopta is known as the best hidden secret in optics, they barely do any advertising so that probably why you don't hear much from them 😋 They have been manufacturing optics for other countries long before most recent brands were even started. They feature very good glass and manufacture the scopes themselves in the Czech Republic. Previously they were mostly minded towards hunting so I'm really curious to see what their new line of scopes is like :)

I was interested in the — to me new — Meopta brand.

I went to the Download section, selected their 2018 catalog, and went to the end of the catalog for the specs, p. 47.

There I find the weights...

And the elevation adjustment range.... They all use 30mm tubes or bigger, but they didn't take advantage of that space — the adjustment ranges are below average.

The last and most important spec I find here tucked away in a spec table is the minimum parallax distance...

And I'm sad to find that only ONE of the 25 scopes has a 10 yard parallax, the ZD 4-16x44 RD.

So, unless they come out with something fundamentally different, this brand has lost my interest. Sorry.

1568723582_14780946125d80d27ed9d971.04344019_4C1D54BB-FFAB-47F6-B274-8D0E63C723DB.jpeg
1568723583_1052356565d80d27f6678e9.95072214_A7BF4FC8-9391-41CF-BF2D-995191FD1B66.jpeg
Believe me. I owned LOTS of scopes, and I’ll NEVER look at other brands again! I own 2 Meopta Optik6 FFP Scopes now, and sold ALL my other scopes! One of them is with the new Dichro reticle. Comes straight from US Army technology. NOT illuminated, but as clear as a candle @ dusk. Can’t explain it. You got to see trough it to believe it.

JMO.

Here is the scope I want. Actually ordered one. I received it, but it did not have the PA , so I returned it. Guess their ad was ahead actuality. Think the dot covers about .4 inch at 50 yards. Would be a lil large for some applications, but for small game hunting it forest, would work for me. I like dots way better than crosshairs as I get older and have a hard time seeing the crosshairs on the target. Talk to the dealer today & he said they would be arriving sometime in October. 

https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/produkt/meostar-r2-2-5-15x56-rd-pa-13390/

I was interested in the — to me new — Meopta brand.

I went to the Download section, selected their 2018 catalog, and went to the end of the catalog for the specs, p. 47.

There I find the weights...

And the elevation adjustment range.... They all use 30mm tubes or bigger, but they didn't take advantage of that space — the adjustment ranges are below average.

The last and most important spec I find here tucked away in a spec table is the minimum parallax distance...

And I'm sad to find that only ONE of the 25 scopes has a 10 yard parallax, the ZD 4-16x44 RD.

So, unless they come out with something fundamentally different, this brand has lost my interest. Sorry.

I own a tier 1 scope, different brand and it says, parallax from 25 yards, it's a FFP, but I can focus way closer than 25 yards, the only issue is that closer than 25 yards the reticle is not clear, I lose focus on the reticle but the image still clear, and because I decrease magnification at closer distances I really don't need to see the numbers, I can see the cross hair. You can watch my YouTube videos if you are interested on this effect. At the beginning I was concern with that 25 yards parallax adjustment but I know realize is not a big deal. More than 25 and I'll be concerned.

Orion,

what you say is interesting about not needing a parallax of less than 25y because you would at that range or less anyhow reduce the magnification — and therefore the crosshairs would be sharp enough again.

Did I understand that correctly?

Mmm, something to think about. I'm not liking it, as I have made myself a firm believer in a minimum parallax of 10y (or at the very least 15y), but this is a perspective I haven't seen yet.

Thanks, Orion. 😊 I'll have to try that out on my next hunt.

Matthias

Got some troubling news. I contacted Meopta temselves @ Europe, and they stopped sellingproducing the Optika6 series due to “technical problems” !

So be aware, because dealers who have them in stock, would gladly get rid of them.

I asked WHAT the problem is, but NO MORE REPLY !

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up - I was actually looking at getting one of these! Not now...

OK ! Back again with GOOD news!

I JUST received an answer from Meopta in the Czech Republic.

Seems that an employee did not explained it correct, due to “not perfectly speaking English”!

So, THERE IS NOTTHING WRONG WITH THE OPTIKA6 SERIES .

What he was TRYING to say, is that the Meopta Optika6 series is such a huge succes, that they can’t keep up producing them! So NO “Technical prolem” what so ever.

They just can’t give an exact delivery date because of the huge orders! Me, i call that GOOD news! So if your dealer has the one you want in stock, buy it now! If NOT in stock, the waiting period will be at least 4-5 weeks, and they don’t even guarantee that @ Meopta.

So, sorry for the previous post. I was just trying to warn people about the unfortunate mail i received from Meopta.

Me, i ordered my third one just now! 👍👍😉

OK ! Back again with GOOD news!

I JUST received an answer from Meopta in the Czech Republic.

Seems that an employee did not explained it correct, due to “not perfectly speaking English”!

So, THERE IS NOTTHING WRONG WITH THE OPTIKA6 SERIES .

What he was TRYING to say, is that the Meopta Optika6 series is such a huge succes, that they can’t keep up producing them! So NO “Technical prolem” what so ever.

They just can’t give an exact delivery date because of the huge orders! Me, i call that GOOD news! So if your dealer has the one you want in stock, buy it now! If NOT in stock, the waiting period will be at least 4-5 weeks, and they don’t even guarantee that @ Meopta.

So, sorry for the previous post. I was just trying to warn people about the unfortunate mail i received from Meopta.

Me, i ordered my third one just now! 👍👍😉

Thanks for clearing that up! Do these scopes come with hoods, or are hoods available? Also, how is the ranging on these scopes? Do they have a thin plane of focus from front to back? I'm mainly interested in using this scope for hunter field target at 16X.

Thanks!