• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new to Air Gunning and to AGN. GREAT FORUM! I recently bought my first air rifle and waiting for it to arrive. I look forward to reading the forums and learning as much as I can about air gunning, maintenance, sharing my experiences, and asking many questions to help me learn and understand. I guess my first question is what would be a good portable air compressor to buy that won't break the bank (on a very tight budget).

Welcome to our favorite addiction! ;^)

If your on a tight budget one of the least expensive is the Yong Heng. Be careful when you purchase one though cuz you need the water/oil separator and the least expensive one does not have it. I got the 110V Set pressure model it is a little more expensive but has the extras I wanted on it.

Here is a link click on China for the country to purchase from and then choose your voltage and model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.1.71df419coDM20w

Welcome to the addiction, this forum should be banned. Has cost me at least 10k in PCP guns and accessories. LOL, it's a great site and many willing to help. I unfortunately dont know of a cheap compressor sorry. I use a Turbo 2 and it been working like a champ for a couple years now. But it's not easy on the wallet. Best of luck and also what gun do you have arriving? 

If your on a tight budget one of the least expensive is the Yong Heng. Be careful when you purchase one though cuz you need the water/oil separator and the least expensive one does not have it. I got the 110V Set pressure model it is a little more expensive but has the extras I wanted on it.

Here is a link click on China for the country to purchase from and then choose your voltage and model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.1.71df419coDM20w

+1on the y/h compressor 

YES, first thing to look into if you buy a compressor "of any sort" is a way to remove the water in the pressure side. A good drier is a must. And just for your information, pressurizing air, causes moisture to develop. My own three PCP rifles are on hold in the safe until I get a drier and electric pump. My hand pump is sitting in a corner.

If you don't, moisture in your gun is highly likely, and as you can imagine, not a good thing.

Mike

Welcome to the addiction, this forum should be banned. Has cost me at least 10k in PCP guns and accessories. LOL, it's a great site and many willing to help. I unfortunately dont know of a cheap compressor sorry. I use a Turbo 2 and it been working like a champ for a couple years now. But it's not easy on the wallet. Best of luck and also what gun do you have arriving?

Thanks for the helpful information Hookster. I will certainly look into it. I bought an FX Crown from a fellow member here at AGN.

Thanks for the welcome and information biohazardman. You're absolutely right. My wallet is already getting upset with me. I'll certainly look into the YH as well.

YES, first thing to look into if you buy a compressor "of any sort" is a way to remove the water in the pressure side. A good drier is a must. And just for your information, pressurizing air, causes moisture to develop. My own three PCP rifles are on hold in the safe until I get a drier and electric pump. My hand pump is sitting in a corner.

If you don't, moisture in your gun is highly likely, and as you can imagine, not a good thing.

Mike

Mike, thanks for the post. You're absolutely right. I was reading quite a bit about water and how detrimental it can be to an airgun.