Hi...my name is Justin. And I'm an air gun addict. I have .25 Cricket carbine that does everything I ask of it, yet I have an overwhelming desire to own an Edgun .25 Matador Long. And a Vulcan II in .25. And there is a couple of FX's I'd like to take a look at...

Be honest, guys...will I ever get better? Is there any hope for normalcy in my future?

I came to air guns via a 30+ year crusade to rid the world of Public Enemy #1: The California Ground Squirrel. I was a powder burner to start with, going so overboard as to have a shop full of lathes and mills so I could build my own rifles. And then I shot a friend's .25 caliber Daystate, and that was it. I haven't burned a bit of powder since, and my varmint rifles collect dust. I now use my machines to make doo-dads for my airgun, such as a new safety for the Cricket carbine which replaces the complete and utter pile of s#!% factory safety.

I live in the central coast area of California (squirrel mecca) and am in the final days of a 29 year career in law enforcement. I am looking forward to retirement and:

1. Shooting ground squirrels.

2. Bass fishing.

3. Shooting ground squirrels while bass fishing.

4. Hanging out on Airgun Nation (if the weather is bad).

Great website, guys. I've learned a bunch in the short time I've been here and look forward to getting to know y'all and picking your brains.

Justin

Ha, Better, Normal...what is normal anyway? Welcome! The people on this site are just a wealth of information. If you're ever up the road on the North Coast, look me up. A few of us have been talking about getting together and doing a Nor Cal meet up and shoot. We can shoot and/or Bass fish! Clear Lake is about 25 minutes from my house and I'm surrounded by National Forrest that's full of digger squirrels! We're focusing on Steelhead this time of year though, finally! Have a good one and again, welcome. Stoti

Ha, Better, Normal...what is normal anyway? Welcome! The people on this site are just a wealth of information. If you're ever up the road on the North Coast, look me up. A few of us have been talking about getting together and doing a Nor Cal meet up and shoot. We can shoot and/or Bass fish! Clear Lake is about 25 minutes from my house and I'm surrounded by National Forrest that's full of digger squirrels! We're focusing on Steelhead this time of year though, finally! Have a good one and again, welcome. Stoti

Gents,

Thanks for the welcomes!

Stoti,

Ahhh Clear Lake...know it well. The wife, myself, and some heathen friends of mine have done 6-7 week long bass fishing/beer drinking/BBQ'ing extravaganzas there. When that lake is on...wow! Some of the best bass fishing on the planet. And when the wind blows...also wow! We've had mooring ropes snap due to the wind and the rollers. And the south end of the lake? Interesting place to "people" watch...

Justin

Welcome this is a great place to be and you might be able to sell a few safeties to others.

Insanity,

In regards to the safety, I sent one to Matt Dawson (great dude) at R&L Airguns (great people) to see if they had any interest in it. While he liked the safety (IIRC, he put it on his nephew's Cricket), they didn't think there would be enough interest in it for the juice to be worth the squeeze. He said most people trash the factory safety, or just don't use it. Can't blame them...it's about as useless has hind pockets on a t-shirt. But outside of a full-blown benchrest rifle, I like a safety on a rifle. Especially with some of the trigger pull weights we shoot with. It won't negate poor gun safety, but nevertheless, I want a good, functioning safety on my rifles.

I built a couple of them for my old friend Cliff "Varmintair" Tharp for his two Crickets and he loved them. Even went as far as to draw prints for it and get an estimate from a screw machine shop to make them, and then went back to Cliff, who has an extensive retail background and owned his own business, to talk price points. But in the end, I'm not a retail guy, and if R&L didn't see a need/market for it, I'll trust their judgement.

Apparently, I invented a solution for a non-exsistent problem.

Back to the ol' drawing board...

Justin