Hi folks,

I'm new on here but anyone involved in Silhouette might recognize my handle. Mainly coming from that discipline and got into air rifle as a training tool. Picked up a modified Anschutz 8001 (which I'll be selling in the near future) and a TX200 (better trainer for my rimfire).

Now shooting more NLR22 and thinking about a PCP training rifle for that.

-Grant

Good that you could join us in this wonderful addiction.

The Snowpeak is just one more Chinese gun among the long list of them available. 

So, long as you understand you may have to werq on it a bit, right from the day of purchase, to get it to shoot, or to shoot halfway decent, you are good to go.

Esit;

Me, I try not to buy things made in China even though I know it is impossible to get rid of them all.

Welcome aboard Grant. I own an Avenger .22 and it’s a shooter. It’s one of the best bangs for the buck going and it continues to amaze me by its accuracy for only a $300 investment. It will shoot MOA at 50 and sometimes at 100 in perfect conditions. Pellets are lighter than your 40 grain RF ammo. However, you can learn a a lot about wind reading shooting pellets and that skill set will carryover to other PB disciplines.

The 8001 is shooting around 13fpe with JSB heavies, it's a laser at silhouette distances (max 45yds).

I figure 650fps with 8.44gr will give me similar ballistics at 50yds to my .22lr at 100yds.

Big thing with the PRS stuff is learning to get a stable position on a barricade quickly. Unfortunately all the chassis style air rifles are beyond willing to spend. I do however have a full machine shop so I could just make something. Not like air rifles need an overly sturdy chassis.