I’m an old fart from Wisconsin who moved to California to be with my grandkids. Laws what they are here I bought a couple cheap pellet guns to teach them safety and fun in shooting. I miss my hunting days and decided to get a PCP in .25 cal. I’m not all that knowledgeable about this subject but watching YouTube didn’t help much. Most of the people just like to be on YouTube and the others seam to be manufacture reps. I’m looking for real insights on quality low to medium priced air guns. Can someone help me make a good decision?

Welcome aboard, now I'm not the new guy anymore!

Firearms are sort of cheap to buy in comparison to pcp's but cost a lot more to shoot and extremely loud. I found that PCP's are just as much fun to shoot, very accurate, almost just as deadly at close range, somewhat quiet and CHEAP to shoot.

Your grand kids will like shooting them just as much as mine.

Only one drawback....you go through a LOT of targets!

Joe

Sure. In the $500 to $800 range hard to been Kral's ( or their companions thew new Craftmans line for Benjamin) that is where I started after 40 years of spring guns (which I still love but sold a few to get into PCP). Good to make a list of what you are looking for that that narrow it down a lot for me it was:

1) $700 or less for the rifle

2) Side Lever Cocking

3] Adjustable Power

4] High (over 50 ) shots per fill

5] Nice Wood

Once you have your criteria and you share it here you will get lots of suggestion. For people that are newish don't want to spend a ton but want something solid so start out with I would probably start here https://www.crosman.com/product/benjamin-cayden-22  or here https://www.pyramydair.com/product/kral-arms-puncher-pro-pcp-air-rifle?m=4191 both in .22, 22 is a great all around a caliber for target and hunting. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for!

Welcome Aboard. What r u hunting? Big Game/Small Game? Hatsan have a good variety of PCP air rifles that cover calibers from 17cal to 30cal and even larger like 45 and 50 cal.Good price for the quality. You will find that PCP air-rifles r very very accurate. I have a 22cal Hatsan FlashPup .Accurate to 50yds. Raccoon deadly at 30-35 yds. Price $400,refurbished $250? from Hatsan