Hi everyone,

I just signed up and wanted to say hey. I am converting my small bore set up....CZ's, and in house built 22lr items over to Air. I need a new challenge, and I am just tired of searching for good lots of Tenex or Black Box, or whatever is working in my chamber at the moment. I have filled my orders, sold all my reamers, stock, and Tuners with tooling to make them to a good buddy that will carry the flag from here. I have always wanted to learn the Air rifle Trade so to speak, so ordered a "victim" yesterday, an Avenger to work on and learn from. I am sure in short order I will have a stable of toys and parts turning on my lathe to test. I am sure I will learn a ton from you good folk. Don't hesitate to drop me a line. Thanks,

Gerry.....friends call me "G"

Gerry,

Welcome!

Coming from a rimfire background will serve you well going forward with airguns. Knowing that you need to find the best ammo for your gun/barrel, barrel harmonics, adjusting a trigger to suit your preference, ergonomic preference, etc., etc., can also be found in airguns. This site and the knowledgeable participants are a great resource for folks like you that know the right questions to ask.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head Dixie! My new Avenger arrived this morning undamaged and in an hour I had it down to the bare bones. Actually they did a nice job with this rifle I have to say. While I had the "over the barrel tube thingy" off, I turned an aluminum air stripper to fill the void between the muzzle and shroud end cap. It dropped it down to 82db from 89db, so I am doing something right!?

This Avenger has an excellent amount of adjustment! I am already making spread sheets.....scribbley scraps of paper.....to keep track of it all. I plan on starting from dead stock and going the scientific way one change at a time, and document group sizes with a known lot of slugs or pellets that group well. It's fun starting a project I haven't done a dozen times before!

I made the mistake of going to the FX website with extreme? bench rest 2022 in mind :)

Good night all!,

G.