• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New member/PCP rocks...

Hey guy/girls, 

I was not sure where to post my into. I decided to post under PCP because I bought my first airgun since my dad gave me a daisy when I was probably 4-5. I was shooting a .22 long rifle not long after that so I never went back to shooting air rifles. I grew up in the country so it was not a big deal to shoot .22's or shotguns or whatever else you felt like doing. I now am in my 30's and live in the city (have bought 3 acres of land to build a home on but that's another topic.) I work for a petroleum plant in Louisiana so I wont long and shift work type hours. I realize I miss shooting and would like to get back into it. While I was recently working a turnaround I bought a Benjamin Marauder pistol and am using it in the carbine configuration. I just shot it a couple of time during the T/A because I was working 13 hour days and did not have any time to do anything else. Recently I got my first weekend off in a few months and the family and I went up to the lake. I brought the air weapon and 110 cu foot steel scuba tank with me and shot a tin full of pellets over the weekend. I GREATLY enjoyed myself while shooting amongst the other activities that we did. I now believe I'm hooked and have been studying on what I want to buy for my next weapon.

Thanks for all the info. that everyone has posted that I have been reading and lurking over. I hope to learn a lot and interact with a few of you here while I stay. Hope everyone is enjoying there week. 

Nick.

Welcome! I’ve been shooting since 7 & I can honestly say I enjoy air guns more than I EVER liked having to go to a range & deal with all the noise, not knowing when someone was squeezing offf, etc. I can’t shoot groups like that enjoyably.

Though I live where residents are able to shoot anything on their own property with a berm in place I choose air guns any day, and the firearms guys can’t do with a .22LR what I do with pellets let alone slugs. 

I offer you to try some of my tuned spring guns or PCP rifles. You pay shipping to & back. I’d prefer a month at most. I always said someone with 70 or more air guns should rent them instead of guys spending $800-$2500 or more to sell at a loss. I’m not asking for monetary gain, just coverage of shipping. I wouldn’t do this for anyone & ID is required but if you like the Marauder pistol you’ll love some other high end rifles. If you’re strictly a pistol man, I can’t help ya.

Welcome & save your play money because if Wife knows what you’ll eventually be spending on air guns, well. Let’s just say tell someone you trust what they’re really worth so she doesn’t sell them at 1/2 price of what you tell her they’ve cost you whenever that time may come. 

Welcome!

OOOOOooooohhhh are you in trouble. Was thinking along your lines last fall and talked to my son about it. He said he 49 YO and his girl friend were playing with a couple pumpers, OH crap I'm behind the curve. So I order a Gamo upper end(is there one) and liked shooting in my back yard. So I ordered a custom shop Marauder and got a SCBA tank and stuff to feed the new hobby, next came a better scope(it's still waiting for its mount). Next came a PCP pistol(why not) red dot plus a halo sight and a full setup Crown and a second SCBA charging setup for my son. Then the compressor. Now looking at Impact or dream line, why not got the scope. I'm 8 tins back logged for testing. Just got back from a 4 day combination airgun rimfire hunt. HELP PLEASE SOMEONE!!! 

OH welcome aboard

Welcome! I’ve been shooting since 7 & I can honestly say I enjoy air guns more than I EVER liked having to go to a range & deal with all the noise, not knowing when someone was squeezing offf, etc. I can’t shoot groups like that enjoyably.

Though I live where residents are able to shoot anything on their own property with a berm in place I choose air guns any day, and the firearms guys can’t do with a .22LR what I do with pellets let alone slugs. 

I offer you to try some of my tuned spring guns or PCP rifles. You pay shipping to & back. I’d prefer a month at most. I always said someone with 70 or more air guns should rent them instead of guys spending $800-$2500 or more to sell at a loss. I’m not asking for monetary gain, just coverage of shipping. I wouldn’t do this for anyone & ID is required but if you like the Marauder pistol you’ll love some other high end rifles. If you’re strictly a pistol man, I can’t help ya.

Welcome & save your play money because if Wife knows what you’ll eventually be spending on air guns, well. Let’s just say tell someone you trust what they’re really worth so she doesn’t sell them at 1/2 price of what you tell her they’ve cost you whenever that time may come. 

Welcome!

Thank you for this warm welcome. I really appreciate your kind offer. I'm trying to start slow and read alot in this hobby because I dont want to end up with alot of stuff I dont want or need. I will take your offer into consideration though in the future. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Keep the lead flying.