New member new to pcp retired army

I have a carbon fiber tank 88 cubic in can’t find any one to fill it to 4000 psi only to 3000 psi I have 2 rifles 1 is 200 bar and the other is 290 bar, both are .25 cal will I be able to shoot both of them on this bottle. Or do I need to find some one who will fill it to 4500 psi here in the north east corner of Maryland. Our local paint ball shop is closing there doors and scuba shop are 20 miles away that will fill that high. I don’t understand this psi bar thing thanks for understanding.

It depends on how often you plan to shoot. You might have a hard time using a hand pump, such as a Hill MK4 (I'd advise these as they have integrated moisture filters), so if you plan to shoot a lot in retirement, you're going to want to invest in a compressor and larger fill bottle.

The other option would be a small shoebox style compressor or a small 12v model.

This is the path to gain independence for filling. Buy once, cry once (aside from maintenance)

One bar is equal to 14.5psi so your 290 bar gun needs a 4200psi fill. Sounds like you will be needing a pcp pump most come from China so you get what you get which usually is not that bad. I have a couple of Yong Heng 110v 4500psi compressors that I purchased for $320 each and have treated poorly, bad me, still they are chugging along and werqing even after I badly overheated them. Watch what you buy as there are many cheap ones that have no water separators or only one or are only made to run for a very limited amount of time. Some of the shoeboxes require a second compressor be used to feed them already compressed air so they can take it to a higher pressure. It's a maze for you to sift through to find the perfect compressor for your pocketbook and needs. Or you can buy a big tank and drive the 40 miles depends on how much you want to shoot I guess. I wish you well on your journey.

I agree with biohazardman, a larger tank would last you longer with fewer trips to the scuba shop. I shoot a lot so I have to take my scuba tank in every couple of weeks to be filled. On days I don't plan to do a lot of shooting I just top the rifle off with my hand pump. Hope this helps. From one army guy to another, Thank you for your service.

I was in your shoes and I was on the fence on getting into this sport because of the air supply aspect and then I watched some videos by airvelocitysport on YouTube. That was all it took. Very levelheaded easy to follow advice presented well. Look for his videos on the Yong Heng, the first one is like 32 minutes. Even if you don't want to use a YH it is good to get an understanding of what's involved. Just about everyone at this website wants you to buy an FX Impact and a Daystate compressor right off the bat, for your own good, but it is not necessary. If you have the cash though, it's not terrible advice. I equate it to telling a new driver, "buy once-cry once" just save up for your dream car right up front. Unless you have a good friend, that knows you very well, and is into this sport and tells you that, don't do it unless you have the money to blow. You already invested in two guns and a tank so maybe a Daystate compressor is in your wheelhouse but the equipment doesn't come with knowledge, we have to get that on our own and watching the right videos is time well spent.

Once I bought a Yong Heng, I never looked back. The water cooling is kinda a pain in the posterior, but I have more than enough air. Don't have to worry about paintball shops, dirty air from those guys, or anything else. All I need is a 20 amp circuit, a 5 gallon bucket of water, and hearing protection. It's kinda loud.

About $250 on eBay. Once I had unlimited air, tuning became possible, Unlimited shooting was possible. and I've filled enough bottles to pay for it. Win Win all the way around