• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms New member need help

The 510 is regulated, the 410 may not be. I have a 510, but have no experience with the 410.

After a quick Google search, there may not be much of a difference at all. The only thing I found that seemed somewhat consistent was the S150 has a shroud and the S410 does not. Other than that, it was hard to find any definitive differences.

Last edited:
The 510 is regulated, the 410 may not be. I have a 510, but have no experience with the 410.

After a quick Google search, there may not be much of a difference at all. The only thing I found that seemed somewhat consistent was the S150 has a shroud and the S410 does not. Other than that, it was hard to find any definitive differences.
510 has a shrouded barrel and side lever intead of bolt action like 410.
510xs is regulated regular 510 is not.
I think 410 is only unregulated option.
To my eyes 510 is better looking because of thicker/shrouded barrel.
Regards Marko
Early 400 or 510 had Bolt cocking ( Not Side lever )
NEITHER is regulated
Either could be purchased in Standard or Carbine length
Either could be purchased in RH or LH stocks, Beech or Walnut
400 is a Single shot & 510 uses 10 round magazine

Current 400 or 510 is Side Lever cocking
NEITHER is regulated
Either could be purchased in Standard or Carbine length

Most recent 400 or 510 "XS" versions
BOTH are regulated

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Frogy
Hello to you all. I recently bought an S400f. It's a bolt action single shot. The 410 is the same gun with a 10 shot mag. The 510 had a side lever, a shroud and a 10 shot mag. There are regulated versions of define of them.
The 400 series is not regulated and doesn't need it. It is extremely consistent and accurate. Easily the most popular gun in FT in Europe.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Blejda