• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New member here

Hello from Northern California. I've been shooting my whole life and have done some 10m pistol competitions but I am new to precision rifles. I just picked up a GEN II Marauder and am loving it so far. I can see myself upgrading in the future but way in the future.
Welcome aboard. My first PCP was a Marauder as well. It served me well for years.

Reactions: Eric H.
Eric,
Welcome, Sir, glad you're here. Lots of knowledgeable folks ready to help. FYI, been having a problem with frustrated new members over restrictions to PM and Classified access, 10 quality posts and ten days, is the deal. I apologize if you're already aware, and for the inconvenience, just that we needed some protection from scammers and deadbeats. Best Regards, WM

Welcome, Eric.

Airguns are capable of amazing precision when compared to powder-burners. You could add a Lothar-Walther barrel to your current gun and see significant improvement.

J~
Thanks, but I already have the LW barrel. That is what I looked for exclusively when searching. I bought it off e-bay and put a Hawke 4x32 scope on it. I've only shot it at 25 yards so far due to limited yard size but it stacks pellets at this range from a bench rest on bags. I plan on setting up 100 yards in the parking lot at work. I want to try the 100 yard standing golf ball challenge.

Thanks, but I already have the LW barrel. That is what I looked for exclusively when searching. I bought it off e-bay and put a Hawke 4x32 scope on it. I've only shot it at 25 yards so far due to limited yard size but it stacks pellets at this range from a bench rest on bags. I plan on setting up 100 yards in the parking lot at work. I want to try the 100 yard standing golf ball challenge.

Nice! Looks like you're already where you need to be. That setup should serve you nicely.

Looking forward to seeing some groups.

J~

Have you removed the trigger torsion spring? If used to 10 triggers you might like t do so, Crosman copied one of the better match triggers and the 1st 100 came with "match triggers" that spring being the difference. You should be able to get down to 4-6oz and keep it crisp. Only takes a minute and is reversible.
Also if you did not purchase a regulated model the $69 drop in reg from Lithuania is excellent.
John

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Have you removed the trigger torsion spring? If used to 10 triggers you might like t do so, Crosman copied one of the better match triggers and the 1st 100 came with "match triggers" that spring being the difference. You should be able to get down to 4-6oz and keep it crisp. Only takes a minute and is reversible.
Also if you did not purchase a regulated model the $69 drop in reg from Lithuania is excellent.
John
This sounds interesting. I like the trigger but lighter is better so if there is a simple mod I will check it out.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Your hammer is bouncing on the poppet stem. This one shown is Daystates . The hammer hits the valve twice because of the bounce.

bounce-back-ouch.gif
PCP-Air-Guns.png

Last edited:
Hello from Northern California. I've been shooting my whole life and have done some 10m pistol competitions but I am new to precision rifles. I just picked up a GEN II Marauder and am loving it so far. I can see myself upgrading in the future but way in the future.
Glad to see you here