New member - Going to be getting a PCP soon. Thoughts?

Buy a PCP you can afford. Lots of good choices out there, just depending on your budget and the use of the gun.
People always buy low-ends one to start, but soon wanting to get better ones.

I started with break barrels and then got my first PCP the HW100T .22. Soon after that I was deep into the "rabbit hole" and bought Air Arms, Daystates and FX.

Do some research and read as much information here before you dive in. Don't forget to budget for scope, compressor etc. Once you start, you wouldn't be able to stop.... Good luck.
Thanks Max115. I so agree and I think stated similar above. I want a value and will pay through the nose for it when warranted. A value to me is not the same value others will see. Ive learned over the years to spend it once and not by getting something close or hope to make it more. Sort of the reson for the thread here was to set my sights in the right direction. Im a diver (so plenty of HP tanks) and own a number of long guns so have some of the scope/fill options available. I just wasnt sure if the Delta Wolf was overkill for a first timer into tech and tinkering. Seems far more data to learn form.. but who knows :)

Hello AN!
New to the updated world of airguns. Used to "play" with Air back in my youth and after being in the firearm world for some time (Tinkering, Building and designing) I wanted to take a stab at something new.
I live in WA state who have cracked down on a lot of gun availability and so far has ignored air.
Wanted some advise and opinions on where to start and what to avoid as to ideas and hardware.

My list of what I want one for is a little long. I know I will need more than one to fit, prob more... then the question of where to start, List is mostly in order of my priorities to meet.

1- Like the idea of power from air. Id at least want to be able to know I can match the power of a 22. I don't hunt but feel drawn to some big bore just because.. not sure why other than its interesting (old) refined cool tech.
2- Like the auto and full auto options. Seems fun and seems something that will go away as laws (sadly) progress.
3- quiet. or semi quiet for backyard/garage use, Moderator and chambers will be my friend.
4- young kids getting into guns and training for use. I like the idea of less noise with them at least at first. Lets them concentrate on form, safety and use. I want a real gun used and not airsoft BS.
5- target accuracy.
6- some tinkering/modifications (after getting up to speed on how/what works). I can 3d print near anything I find or design so guns with a flowing around that would be great.
7- want a good value. IE I'm not cheap, I want to save where I can. But I don't want to wish I spent more later as will cost me more down the road. Used is for sure an option for me if practical. I don't need the "best", but I want the best option for me.

what I have in my head as contenders is also a wide angel as per the above. Not all fit every aspect but want to group them in best I can.
- Western rapter 357(SEMI) or .30(FULL)
- Western Sidewinder (any cal) BTW anyone know if the barrels are caliber changeable and if so cost effective?
- Hatsan Blitz 30 (power, full then another low cal for quiet and kids, etc)
- Daystate xxx Wolf (midddle road, do most)
- EDGUN LESHIY 2 ($$ no full but ticks most)
- FX Maverick (understood these were cal trappable with barrels at a reasonable price).
-Tiapan Veteran (middle road, do most)
- Rainson Edge (meets a lot of the above and cheapish. Allows a bigger bore or auto to be bought too like blitz)
- CRICKET II TACTICAL 60(Ticks a lot as well)

So with any of that, what would you say to be aware of, migrate towrd or away from and what to watch out for.
Any other options one would point me to?

As anything here in life its a journey. The best advise I would say is the buy a reliable proven pcp that shoots accurate with just about anything you stuff it with.

I went the route of a Prophet 2 perf. I will at some point get a auto or full. Maybe a sidewinder .357 but for now this will be my ins and outs to learn how all of this works. Will also do a great job for training with the kids. I went with a used .25 and will plan on a .177 barrel in near future for backyard'ish use. May go .30 as well but the .25 is prob as high a cal as I wil need but, the option is there at a reasonable price.

Reactions: 44_Magnum
Hello all just feeding back to anyone that follows this thread in the future as to thought process to new users. I ended up getting a Hatsun Blitz refurbished as well in .22 Couldn't beat the price, the .22 is cheap to shoot full auto and would give me a number of reasons to break out some designs with the 3d printer as was part of my initial scope of what i wanted to do. I actually did my first design for it recently too. :)
Happy Plinking!!

If interested in the 3d printer suppressor/moderator info for the Blitz keep reading.
Copied it from my other post on the topic. I made an adapter that can be 3dprinted to fit any airgun suppressor to the blitz as well as another that fits the Saturn suppressor system. The later is also all 3d printed. This allows an end to end 3d print for the Blitz! I also designed this thing to allow your choice of air chambers prior to the suppressor so you can fine tune the compressed air volume out of the barrel prior to being suppressed without a really fat can. On both adapters, I added a recess to the barrel springs stop point so you can de-tune the springs power to reduce the need for less air to be passed to function correctly. Helps the factory spring be used in more scenarios. Check out the design at Hatsan Blitz PCP airgun moderator (suppressor) adapter and system. Please give me some feedback and ideas to further this. I did charge for the download, but only covers the material and time that went into making this thing as will be a very select audience.

Thanks Max115. I so agree and I think stated similar above. I want a value and will pay through the nose for it when warranted. A value to me is not the same value others will see. Ive learned over the years to spend it once and not by getting something close or hope to make it more. Sort of the reson for the thread here was to set my sights in the right direction. Im a diver (so plenty of HP tanks) and own a number of long guns so have some of the scope/fill options available. I just wasnt sure if the Delta Wolf was overkill for a first timer into tech and tinkering. Seems far more data to learn form.. but who knows :)

Hi saridnour, I went this same route and bought a .45 cal Evanix Rex, put a ATN pro 4k sight on it with a coyote reaper IR light. I’ve been shooting custom made heavy grain hunting slugs and managed to take some deer out to 40 yards! It was pricey but I’ve been nothing but pleased with it. I’ve been thinking about letting it go but I can’t find anywhere to post it and I’m not at the required time for this site but I’m working on it! What do you think a set up like mine is worth?

Hi saridnour, I went this same route and bought a .45 cal Evanix Rex, put a ATN pro 4k sight on it with a coyote reaper IR light. I’ve been shooting custom made heavy grain hunting slugs and managed to take some deer out to 40 yards! It was pricey but I’ve been nothing but pleased with it. I’ve been thinking about letting it go but I can’t find anywhere to post it and I’m not at the required time for this site but I’m working on it! What do you think a set up like mine is worth?
Then post your 10 post and do it right.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Hello all just feeding back to anyone that follows this thread in the future as to thought process to new users. I ended up getting a Hatsun Blitz refurbished as well in .22 Couldn't beat the price, the .22 is cheap to shoot full auto and would give me a number of reasons to break out some designs with the 3d printer as was part of my initial scope of what i wanted to do. I actually did my first design for it recently too. :)
Happy Plinking!!

If interested in the 3d printer suppressor/moderator info for the Blitz keep reading.
Copied it from my other post on the topic. I made an adapter that can be 3dprinted to fit any airgun suppressor to the blitz as well as another that fits the Saturn suppressor system. The later is also all 3d printed. This allows an end to end 3d print for the Blitz! I also designed this thing to allow your choice of air chambers prior to the suppressor so you can fine tune the compressed air volume out of the barrel prior to being suppressed without a really fat can. On both adapters, I added a recess to the barrel springs stop point so you can de-tune the springs power to reduce the need for less air to be passed to function correctly. Helps the factory spring be used in more scenarios. Check out the design at Hatsan Blitz PCP airgun moderator (suppressor) adapter and system. Please give me some feedback and ideas to further this. I did charge for the download, but only covers the material and time that went into making this thing as will be a very select audience.
The best warranty in business is Daystate
5 years!

Reactions: beerthief
The "czech: guns, in any caliber, are pretty much guaranteed bullet proof. HIGH quality and unsurpassed accuracy and range. Huben is a beast but you must beware of operating procedures. Light weight. I shoot dandelion heads @ 100 yds and more.NOT a beginner gun. I prefer tube guns owning several bottles and tubers. WEIGHT!! If you're benching , no sweat. If you're carrying, sweat.

Reactions: beerthief
I want to say something on everyone's comments regarding the ease of turning the Taipan Veteran as comments like these got me when I was a newbie 4 years ago when I bought mine... If you are at all concerned with first shot (cold barrel) accuracy, you can not tune the gun properly just by adjusting the hammer spring tension. I find the gun is very sensitive to hammer adjustments and slight changes to the hammer spring tension tends to make significant jumps in FPS.

If your rifle's main purpose is for plinking and target practice, adjusting the hammer spring tension for "tuning" to different projectiles the way everyone is saying is acceptable. For a hunting rifle though, you really want to find a pellet that the gun is accurate with, tune to that projectile, and leave it.

You really have to tune the regulator properly to a particular projectile and then adjust your hammer spring tension accordingly to the regulator pressure. The regulator is a pain in the a$$ to adjust and to do it properly, you'd really need a reg tester which is an additional cost. Otherwise, you're going into it blindly. At one point, I was using my shot strings to see where it falls off the reg to guesstimate where the regulator is set at.

Last edited: