• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New member from NY

Good day all. New to the forum. so I got hooked on air powered rifles when I was very young. I would shoot my dads diana that he bought back in the 80s when he was in Italy. whenever I would go visit, my cousin and I would grab the diana in .177 and just have a blast. Got hooked since. I forgot which model it was. Now I own my own diana, few gamos. All break barrel. I want to get my first PCP air rifle. Still deciding which one I want to get.

any people from long island? was wondering where you guys go to shoot? I heard brookhaven has an air rifle range. Never been there before.

Good day all. New to the forum. so I got hooked on air powered rifles when I was very young. I would shoot my dads diana that he bought back in the 80s when he was in Italy. whenever I would go visit, my cousin and I would grab the diana in .177 and just have a blast. Got hooked since. I forgot which model it was. Now I own my own diana, few gamos. All break barrel. I want to get my first PCP air rifle. Still deciding which one I want to get.

any people from long island? was wondering where you guys go to shoot? I heard brookhaven has an air rifle range. Never been there before.

Go upstate and hunt.

Thanks guys. Yea long island is horrible. NY in general. I also shoot clays. Thank god we got a few places for that. I have been watching tons of videos for a while on PCP rifles. Just to start off and learn, I was looking at the avenge x from air venturi. The new modular model. Get a 177 and 25 barrel. Eventually I would love to get something like a brocock ghost HP. Expensive but they are bad ass.

Thanks guys. Yea long island is horrible. NY in general. I also shoot clays. Thank god we got a few places for that. I have been watching tons of videos for a while on PCP rifles. Just to start off and learn, I was looking at the avenge x from air venturi. The new modular model. Get a 177 and 25 barrel. Eventually I would love to get something like a brocock ghost HP. Expensive but they are bad ass.
Air Venturi Avenger has been a very popular "starter" PCP but leaks, regulator creep, poor picatinny scope rails and no way to attach moderator, are some troubling weaknesses. Air Venturi addressed these, and more, with the Avenge-X platform. You'll need to figure optics and a way to fill the gun air reservoir so budget accordingly. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks on this forum, don't hesitate to ask questions. WM

Reactions: Bandito

The Brookhaven range airgun section has been closed down for about a year. You can still use airguns at their rifle range.

Brookhaven shooting range , im looking to go there in a few weeks, they used to have a air gun range but they took it down

Welcome to the forum. We love helping others spend their hard earned $$$. Avengers are a great entry level rifle. With accuracy way above their price point. You will love PCPs as they have zero recoil compared to your spring guns. Wood stocks are generally more accurate than the plastic stock models due to less flex. Avengers have the filthiest barrels on the planet and will take 50-100 patches to get them clean but after you do they are great shooters.

I’m a fan of .22 over other calibers. More ammo choices, better wind ballistics, better range outdoors and easier to pick up if you have larger hands over the 177 Pellets. You will also need a compressor. Hand pumps are OK for some smaller air reservoirs or pistols but are a heart attack waiting to happen.

Crosman is in NY and still American made if that is a factor? The Marauder platform is solid and accurate.

welcome to the best AGN . good luck finding a place to shoot , no backyard ?

Thank you so much for the warm welcome all. I appreciate your help and kindness!

so I was on the brookhaven website and I cant believe I missed it. It says that they have an air rifle section but it says call for availability. But now you guys told me its been closed so. I might just have to take my air rifles to the regular rifle range.

so yea, to back track, I am going to get the avenge x. wooden stock. Not a fan of synthetic stocks. All my shotguns are the typical classic wooden stocks. As far as the air supply, I was looking into the ROV AIR or the Umarex one. Both are very afforable.

Welcome to the forum. We love helping others spend their hard earned $$$. Avengers are a great entry level rifle. With accuracy way above their price point. You will love PCPs as they have zero recoil compared to your spring guns. Wood stocks are generally more accurate than the plastic stock models due to less flex. Avengers have the filthiest barrels on the planet and will take 50-100 patches to get them clean but after you do they are great shooters.

I’m a fan of .22 over other calibers. More ammo choices, better wind ballistics, better range outdoors and easier to pick up if you have larger hands over the 177 Pellets. You will also need a compressor. Hand pumps are OK for some smaller air reservoirs or pistols but are a heart attack waiting to happen.

Crosman is in NY and still American made if that is a factor? The Marauder platform is solid and accurate.
A buddy of mine has the marauder. He says its pretty damn accurate and loves his. I think he has it in 22. I have so much .177 pellets its crazy. I guess its just nostalgic for me as that is what I learned shooting when I was a kid. so I still tinker with that. I also own a break barrel 25. Pretty neat little gun. HIts hard too. I figured for now I will stick with 25 and 177. I can always barrel swap if I get the avenge x and get a 22 barrel for it.

Welcome to the forum. I/we hope you find a place there to shoot your airguns. We are all airgun addicts here so you'll fit right in!
Thanks. Yea airguns are addictive. sometimes I talk to my buddies who dont shoot airguns and think I am crazy. Im like you just dont understand lol

welcome to the best AGN . good luck finding a place to shoot , no backyard ?
Thanks for the welcome. I do have a backyard but my break barrels are loud lol. Last thing I want to do is get in trouble here in nassau county. This county is crap. Even when I go fresh water fishing, people look at me like I have two heads. There like....OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING!. I get asked 100 questions. Nobody can mind their business. I was called the devil once when I was fishing. Lady told me I was the devil and cruel to animals. I need to move out of NY.

Bummer is right. sucks haha.

Guys, sorry for this newb questions. In the world of PCP rifles, do you feel 177 and 22 are both equally accurate? You read so many conflicting things with both ammos. 177 is faster, flatter, easier with accuracy. etc. I know you guys have way more experience than me with the PCP. would love to hear your thoughts.