• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Member, first post.

Hello my name is Gar from Long island New York. Today I went with my son to Long island shooting range in Brookhaven with an old Benjamin 317 I slapped a scope on this morning and a Crosman 1377. Neither had been fired since the 80s. As soon as the 317 was sighted in the piston seal went bad HaHa it was fun anyway and my 1377 acted like it was shooting lopsided BBS. HaHa again, this is the first time I had been shooting them. I normally shoot 22lr up to45/70. However I still had fun. I have been lurking on this site and gatewaytoairgus for advice on which starter rifles to for the future and have seen much good advice here. I met MagnumMike at the range and admired his airguns and he showed me the rifles he was shooting today Beeman r9 and others he was kind enough to give his advise and was very friendly. He even let me shoot a round through each one of his rifles. Ting Ting Ting went the metal spinners from each one at 35yds. WOW! I will be saving my pennies for an R9. It is nice to actually meet someone from a forum and find they are as nice as he is. This is a shout out to one of your members. 

Hi Gar. The Benjamin 317 is the first Pellet/BB rifle I ever bought. I was in the 8th grade, (yeah I am old), and I ordered it myself out of a catalog. It cost $25.95, and it took me a month to get it in the mail. I must have ran a million pellets and lead bb's through that thing. Was an awesome rifle for a 13/14 year old kid who never had one before. Thanks for reminding me that the "good ole days" were in fact Good Ole Days for me.