New M3 in .357 Missing Part!!!

It would have been very interesting if they sent you the shooting test results, like a group and shot string.. they didn't right?

No, they didn't send a shot string with the technician signature and the settings like they normally do. Not sure if you saw but I own multiple FX rifles and all the others came with the appropriate paperwork with shot string and average. 
That is why I said I doubt that the rifle was ever test fired; would have been funny if paperwork was with the rifle stating a shot string without a pellet probe!

Since when did you switch over to FX? Last I saw you had just gotten a Maverick and ditched your other setup. You may have bought your FX rifle from another distributor that is smaller but I purchased from AirGunDepot; I tried other smaller individuals but ran into people that don't email or text back when you ask them questions. Those smaller individuals, also like to mark the rifle up with additional items which I don't want or need while at the Big Box I just purchase the rifle and then I can do what I want based on my needs and not those of other shooters...

Berate me All you want.

I've said it before,At This level of cash outlay,there is No excuse for this kind of shi...Crap!

As stated,do these airguns receive any kind of testing prior to shoving them out the door? How about at the level of the $2000.00+ bb gun outlet?

I contemplated the purchase of an FX Maverick. Thank you for saving both my TIME And MONEY.

Mike Leeman.

Berate me All you want.

I've said it before,At This level of cash outlay,there is No excuse for this kind of shi...Crap!

As stated,do these airguns receive any kind of testing prior to shoving them out the door? How about at the level of the $2000.00+ bb gun outlet?

I contemplated the purchase of an FX Maverick. Thank you for saving me both my TIME And MONEY.

Mike Leeman.

Would never berate you for your opinion; what you like is what you like and I fully appreciate your view. To be honest, you are more than right that at this price point there should not be any quality control issues.

For all my other FX rifles I have been extremely pleased with service from them. I have had to send back my MK2 for repairs but they were more than willing to fix the issue. Even today, I have already heard from FX and will follow up tomorrow. Now, I'm not defending this mishap but they were quick to let me know they will fix this and fast. 
I have been fortunate as well with both AirGunDepot and PyramydAir with a few smaller places like OhioAirguns, Huma-Air and PalmbeachAirguns. I've purchased from others as well but try to only stick with these few now especially when the others(the ones I've dealt with) don't respond to questions...

The FX family! 

63B86661-B397-49F2-9EB1-305BD0518F67.1623622757.jpeg

Since when did you switch over to FX? Last I saw you had just gotten a Maverick and ditched your other setup. You may have bought your FX rifle from another distributor that is smaller but I purchased from AirGunDepot; I tried other smaller individuals but ran into people that don't email or text back when you ask them questions. Those smaller individuals, also like to mark the rifle up with additional items which I don't want or need while at the Big Box I just purchase the rifle and then I can do what I want based on my needs and not those of other shooters...

You are right about me getting a Maverick, but I haven't ditched my other setup, I'm using my Priest in my next video. I was just happening to be searching a .22 caliber and prices have gone up, I remember when I got my RTI that there was a 1,500 price range but now those guns are coming on the 1800, I'm going to be specific, Uragan, Cricket and then I just happened to take a look at the Maverick, I got the VP version and yes I got it from SPAW. Ken was shooting my gun for almost a week, he tuned perfectly for the two ammo I'm using, I just have to change the power wheel from 6, 25gr to power 2, hades and the gun is a tack driver.

It's my first FX and I'm more than happy with it. I think this price spike is the reason I got it, if you know me you know I'm not a "fan boy" I'm objective and I decided that nothing in the former $1,500 range was offering the adjustability I was looking and knowing the Maverick is based on the Wildcat was something very tempting, I think the WC platform is one of the best FX had in term of reliability, I just never got one because I wanted a higher shot count, when I saw the Maverick I said... The gun I was waiting for.

If you buy from SPAW, that kind of thing would never happen!!!!! I mean that seriously. Any reputable dealer for that matter will go through the entire gun, clean the barrel, tune it, adjust the trigger etc... and provide a shot string with chronograph data before it's shipped out. If a dealer doesn't do that as part of their routine service for a new gun I would never buy from them period!!!!!

I haven't dealt with SPAW but will give him a look for sure. Thank you for the recommendation. I heard of Ken before but never thought to look at his website as I was ok with my previous purchases. 
@Orion been watching your channel for sometime and appreciate your words. Glad you found your rifle and definitely a big fan of the Maverick. My 22 Maverick in 700mm has been my go to rifle since I got it. I'm shooting .22 Griffin 32gr BT slugs at 1005fps on 7 with regs at 180 and 155 bar; shoots like a laser!

I know that many folks like to have their rifles tuned before they get them but I enjoy tuning my rifles. Also, this is how I learn the ins and outs of the rifle. I watch the Master Class videos and a few other reputable individuals and then I start on my tune. 

I haven't dealt with SPAW but will give him a look for sure. Thank you for the recommendation. I heard of Ken before but never thought to look at his website as I was ok with my previous purchases. 
@Orion been watching your channel for sometime and appreciate your words. Glad you found your rifle and definitely a big fan of the Maverick. My 22 Maverick in 700mm has been my go to rifle since I got it. I'm shooting .22 Griffin 32gr BT slugs at 1005fps on 7 with regs at 180 and 155 bar; shoots like a laser!

I know that many folks like to have their rifles tuned before they get them but I enjoy tuning my rifles. Also, this is how I learn the ins and outs of the rifle. I watch the Master Class videos and a few other reputable individuals and then I start on my tune.

I didn't asked for my rifle to be tuned, I've seen some vendors charging for that service, Ken jus asked, what ammo are you going to use, what speed? And he gave me the gun as I asked. I can always change the tune, but It's working so perfect that I can't fix perfect. 

I also love tuning, that's the reason I want something that it's easily adjustable. I'm just pointing out the difference in the service you get from different dealers. You said you follow my YouTube work, probably you have seen my video about polishing the barrel, Ken told me that he polish all the barrels on the guns he sells, that I don't have to do that. 

If you give SPAW a try, communicate via email, Ken is busy and it's hard to get him on the phone, but I'm very very pleased with the service

The thing that gets me, is why do you all think that this is the responsibility of the dealer to catch or fix? They just sell the things. Same as a dealer for anything else. 

Firearms dealers aren't expected to do this. If they did people would want money knocked off for it being used. 

Computers, tvs, tools, appliances, scopes, magazines, boots, shoes, none of it is expected to be tested by the dealer to see if it's junk or works. 

Is it because it's fairly common knowledge at this point that FX continually puts out stuff like this?

I've heard really good things about SPAW but just never had a need but SG(southern gunner) is another person that has had wonderful success from Ken. I will definitely give him an email this week about some other items I need. I do remember when you were polishing your barrel and for Ken to do that is definitely above and beyond but that's also why he is getting great reviews.

Blackpaw I totally agree!!!

@Thumper I don't blame the dealers but they are always your first point of contact when their is an issue. If your tv breaks you don't call LG you call BestBuy. 
I don't expect AirGunDepot to do anything except tell me to call FX. You are correct that quality control is not a dealer problem but a manufacturer issue. 
My local firearms dealers offer the same services, out to 150yards with scopes and ammo you provide but that is an ADDITIONAL charge. Your point is more than valid but I really don't blame the dealer and the folks that have chimed in are just letting me know of their experiences with different dealers. 

@Thumper I don't blame the dealers but they are always your first point of contact when their is an issue. If your tv breaks you don't call LG you call BestBuy. 
I don't expect AirGunDepot to do anything except tell me to call FX. You are correct that quality control is not a dealer problem but a manufacturer issue. 
My local firearms dealers offer the same services, out to 150yards with scopes and ammo you provide but that is an ADDITIONAL charge. Your point is more than valid but I really don't blame the dealer and the folks that have chimed in are just letting me know of their experiences with different dealers.

That's correct, but the analogy is not the same about buying other stuff, for example Airgun dealers are known to modify guns before shipping them, as was stated even by FX it's possible AGD have removed the probe to use it on another gun or what is even more possible, they took a. 22 caliber and added the 30 caliber barrel and asked John Doe to add the probe... Again I'm not saying the dealer is only to blame but you can see that even with FX testing all the guns at the factory this could have been dealer fault 100%, so what I was saying initially is what @ram2jeep pointed out, in his last post.. Imagine if indeed FX is testing all the guns and these things are happening anyways.

I guess the best way to look at it is that if 5 dealers sell the same gun for the same price (give or take) and 2 offer to tune the gun, polish the barrel, go through the gun extensively to make sure it does what it suppose to, then why buy from a dealer that doesn't offer this. You have options, just choose the right one. I used SPAW in my first post on this thread because of what he did for my gun. I called every FX dealer in the USA looking for a new FX Indy .25 and they all said its out of stock or unavailable. I called FX directly and they said they had 1 left in the USA after sending someone to the back to actually touch the box. All the dealers said no, its not available after I made the calling confirmed that it was. I found Ken at SPAW, he made the call, I got the gun. The gun was sent to Ken and after inspection the stock had a blemish in it so he returned the stock and they sent a new one. I should have stated Ken made Ernest keep the gun at FX to make sure that it held air perfectly, which it did. Ken got the gun and new stock, tuned it, adjusted the trigger, tested every pellet to see what was best, sent chrony numbers and shot strings, polished the barrel and shipped it out. He actually kept the gun for an additional week to be sure the gun held air. I would never buy a gun from another dealer unless he didn't carry what I want. Still have the gun after about a year and a half and it still holds air perfectly.

Again, thank you for the information but you needed to call every dealer and were fortunate to finally hook up with Ken. But as I stated previously, I have not had an issue until now so what reason would I have to search for an item which was not in stock anywhere. I totally understand how you are with Ken, especially after you called and checked every FX dealer, thirsty... I didn't mind the wait as I knew there was an inventory shortage and it came out the day before; the issue is and has been a missing pellet probe/quality control. 

And, Ernest worked on my last MK2 when it went back to FX for work and he signed the shot string to go with it, which is why I wasn't sure if it had been tested; no paperwork accompanied the rifle...

As of this morning at 8:58am est, I received an email from service Fx and they are overnighting the probe to me.

@orion it might be known that dealers modify guns before shipping, but the buyer legal needs to be informed that what they ordered has been modified from its "as received from the manufacture." So if dealers are modifying, adjusting, etc guns or anything without to the knowledge of the customer, then they expose themselves to legal civil liability if something goes south.

If a company knowingly allows dealers to modify their products without telling the consumer, then the manufacture can be held equally as liable under USA law consumer protection laws.

Basic example, if your Ford dealer modifies / swaps parts, etc, in anyway, they must inform the purchaser of this modification or change before the product is purchased.

Yes, mistakes happen, but manufactures must to mandate to their dealers that they LEGALLY MUST inform the consumer of their product if it was modified / adjusted / etc in anyway before the person purchased it.

Under legal speak, must = shall, which means there is NO LEGAL option not to do so!

Blackpaw nailed it. If any work is done it needs to stated and accepted!!! and JohnyPDX is also correct. Many have stated what services have been provided by specific dealers but I didn't want a tune or didn't need my scope mounted or setup for a specific pellet. I go by what the original manufacturer has stated and then I tune from there. If one chooses to have their rifle setup that is a wonderful option but I just wanted my rifle and a rifle that worked as stated in the literature.

I know of or have heard of most dealers for FX but I need to get this point across; this has been my first issue with an item from AGD so I had NO reason to check other dealers. I truly thank everyone for their feedback and comments and your specific experiences. 

Everyone I’m not trying to be ÄH of the group but because of my profession as an occupational health and safety engineer / consultant I’m very versed on civil liability laws.

The point is always be consistent in what you accept for your money. I don’t accept no disclosure for a car and the same applies to everything I

As long as people / retailers keep me informed I consider myself a very patient consumer. What I do expect / mandate is full disclosure!

Blackpaw nailed it. If any work is done it needs to stated and accepted!!! and JohnyPDX is also correct. Many have stated what services have been provided by specific dealers but I didn't want a tune or didn't need my scope mounted or setup for a specific pellet. I go by what the original manufacturer has stated and then I tune from there. If one chooses to have their rifle setup that is a wonderful option but I just wanted my rifle and a rifle that worked as stated in the literature.

I know of or have heard of most dealers for FX but I need to get this point across; this has been my first issue with an item from AGD so I had NO reason to check other dealers. I truly thank everyone for their feedback and comments and your specific experiences.

I wish you The Best and hope it is resolved immediately and it turns out to be a Gem of a shooter!!!