New M3 in .357 Missing Part!!!

FF2C4705-FB48-49CC-A377-9FD6A02CAC4A.1623583185.jpeg
030FC19D-A186-467E-A0FB-3E4FFF1E1158.1623583187.jpeg
7E3E4663-0C12-498C-9354-D8F7F43DB053.1623583188.jpeg
Just received my long awaited, over 3 months, FX Impact M3 in .357. Was supper excited and loaded up my magazine to see where I was with FPS. Loaded the magazine into the M3 and wondered why no pellet was advancing; NO pellet probe included!!!

Where is the QC and I would guess this was never tested at the factory? I start going through the M3 and find multiple loose screws especially the grub screw which holds the barrel in place!

I sent an email to both AirgunDepot and one to FX to get a resolution; or do I need to buy the pellet probe separately?(being funny)!!

Any additional thoughts?

Could you share with us where you get that gun from? Dealers are not doing their part

This is not just on the dealer. These guns are supposed to be shot and tuned at the factory. How the F can a gun be shot and tuned like this. Dealer fault or not, the factory is rushing these out too fast, and mistakes are being made. Quality control has decreased greatly at fx recently, and this is the main reason I won’t buy new right now!

Could you share with us where you get that gun from? Dealers are not doing their part

This is not just on the dealer. These guns are supposed to be shot and tuned at the factory. How the F can a gun be shot and tuned like this. Dealer fault or not, the factory is rushing these out too fast, and mistakes are being made. Quality control has decreased greatly at fx recently, and this is the main reason I won’t buy new right now!

Agree but same thing you said apply to dealers, they should test the gun after shipping, at least all dealers I buy from do that, that's why I was asking, your gun was delivered to a customer missing two layers of QC unbelievable! 

Agree but same thing you said apply to dealers, they should test the gun after shipping, at least all dealers I buy from do that, that's why I was asking, your gun was delivered to a customer missing two layers of QC unbelievable!

Valid point. These nightmares I’ve been seeing in the new M3 purchases have really turned me off buying any new guns for the foreseeable future. I feel bad for those that sold their perfectly working mk2 tack drivers, and getting these M3’s that are nowhere near ready to hit the shelves imho. Rushing these guns out was a bad idea!

Thanks for the feedback folks. The rifle was purchased through AirgunDepot and yes I did check the case for the probe and it is not in there. 
I am extremely upset about this and definitely feel as though this was never, NEVER, test fired. The grub screw that holds the pellet probe in place was there but NO probe. Not sure what to think at this point because we have all been told that the rifles are tested in Sweden and then once they arrive in the USA they are again tested at FX USA. Maybe their process has changed but that doesn't warrant selling a rifle with a major part missing.

I waited, like most folks, 3 months to just wait some more; can't wait to hear from them or should I say can't wait to try and get in touch with them on Monday. Will definitely keep everyone posted on what happens once I get in touch with them...

Hi Ram2jeep, 

We are sorry about the difficulties you faced when you received your gun. Please contact us Monday or as soon as possible, and we will have a new pellet probe overnighted to you. Furthermore, we will investigate the matter to see if the caliber was changed from the dealer before being sold, as it is not a common practice to change calibers before shipping. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

An earthquake combined with Alzheimer ocurred on FX:

• Months of wait to receive the rifles;
  • Design mistakes;
  • Bad quality control.

They used to make excellent rifles.

Every company has a circle.

Maybe they're ants in their pants. I mean, they can't help but introduce new models to the same rifle every 6mo anymore...imagine what their production line is like if their design line moves things along just as hastily...

Some want a manufacturer who improves upon their idea 20 times over and releases all 20 versions of said product, while I prefer someone who really sits down, takes their time, perfects their model, and releases it, with any future improvements to be basically included, or just start a new model from scratch.

Impact has a following and they know it, its a brand within a brand, and to keep their sales up, they rinse, and repeat the same marketing strategy "Innovative"....well maybe innovate things once every 5 years and your packages will be more refined, your quality control will be conducted more adequately, and there will be less confusion across the market, from dealers, customers, to your own faculty / employees having to juggle around so many slight variations...

Time 

To

Be

Reasonable

@ram2Jeep I had a similar experience with my FX Imapct MKII. I get the gun, all looks good and then I take it to the range and after two “shots” I see the valve spring is not installed and I have two pellets stuck in the barrel. Fortunately, the a good tap of a cleaning rod got the pellets out of the barrel. Word in the Netherlands is that FX is still producing a quality rifle, but their quality control has headed south and now their dealers have to deal with the issues.

@FXAirguns you are rushing out airguns based off demand and you haven’t increased you quality control people, only production, or it looks like it.

Honestly, I don’t feel many air rifle companies worry about quality control to say the firearms industry. So