New liner type in Impact M3 ?

I note that in the specs of the M3 it says in the barrel spec. “ MATCH GRADE” . This is not written in all other rifles specs with Superior liners in them. Does this mean we have the introduction of an other new liner ? 

download.png
5374A058-F562-4DA4-81BC-2A0C7EEA6A3D.1619276413.png

Well.... strange that FX official site only mentions “Match Grade” in the Impact M3 speccification ! I hope FX will give us a clarification in this thread.

Yeah and under match grade we also get a new free float barrel. Lmao. Really???

Match grade is used to describe a good barrel (good enough for competition). Thats all. Lothar Walter barrel are also Match grade and not even a fx barrel/liner.

You probably thinking free floating barrel is another new barrel/liner for the impact. Lol no its not. Free floating barrel means the barrel is free floating by not having a barrel band attach to stable it.

Ok to make this clear. It doesnt matter if the liner/barrel has o rings or is touching the shroud. Free floating means the only thing holding the liner/barrel in place is the receiver. The impact liner/barrel is free floating because it it held by the receiver only. When the gun is shoot, it will vibrate but the liner/barrel will not touch the air tube or bottle. The benjamin marauder is another example of free floating. The marauder has a barrel band. But the barrel/shroud is center in the band and does not touch it. That is why it is also a free floating barrel even though the marauder also have a o ring holding it to the shroud. Think of the shroud and barrel become one and only the receiver is holding it in place. You guys should look into why some manufacturers make free floating barrel and what is the benefit vs a non free floating barrel to get a understanding. 

I thought the M3 liner had no o-rings anymore but a carbon sleeve ala Ernest Rowe’s. Only connection of this combi is in the breech hence free floating ?

Not yet!!! That’s due to be release later this summer, at least that’s how I read it.

Ok to make this clear. It doesnt matter if the liner/barrel has o rings or is touching the shroud. Free floating means the only thing holding the liner/barrel in place is the receiver. The impact liner/barrel is free floating because it it held by the receiver only. When the gun is shoot, it will vibrate but the liner/barrel will not touch the air tube or bottle. The benjamin marauder is another example of free floating. The marauder has a barrel band. But the barrel/shroud is center in the band and does not touch it. That is why it is also a free floating barrel even though the marauder also have a o ring holding it to the shroud. Think of the shroud and barrel become one and only the receiver is holding it in place. You guys should look into why some manufacturers make free floating barrel and what is the benefit vs a non free floating barrel to get a understanding. 

The M3 uses the same STX system as older impact AFAIK. This means the shroud is supported by an oring, the liner is secured both at the muzzle end and the receiver end by way of compression so I don’t see how it can be free floating at all.

can someone open up their M3 shroud and take a look to confirm? Unless they invented a completely different barrel system but I’m sure they will tell everyone about it if they did.