• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

New lead-free depletalloy pellets

Finally, a solution to everyone's needs! These new pellets, made of a new-to-the-industry totally lead-free alloy will captivate the attention of everyone who cares about the environment!

Unlike traditional lead-free alloys, which have a variety of well known issues, these lead-free alternative projectiles will deliver more energy on target and do so more accurately, at longer ranges! These projectiles also have absolutely outstanding terminal performance! They are highly lethal at any velocity, at any range, and should satisfy any and all requirements around effectiveness.

;-)

DU pellets final.jpg

Finally, a solution to everyone's needs! These new pellets, made of a new-to-the-industry totally lead-free alloy will captivate the attention of everyone who cares about the environment!

Unlike traditional lead-free alloys, which have a variety of well known issues, these lead-free alternative projectiles will deliver more energy on target and do so more accurately, at longer ranges! These projectiles also have absolutely outstanding terminal performance! They are highly lethal at any velocity, at any range, and should satisfy any and all requirements around effectiveness.

;-)

View attachment 342773
Depleted uranium (DU; also referred to in the past as Q-metal, depletalloy or D-38) is uranium with a lower content of the fissile isotope 235
U
than natural uranium.[2] Natural uranium contains about 0.72% 235
U
, while the DU used by the U.S. Department of Defense contains 0.3% 235
U
or less. The less radioactive and non-fissile 238
U
constitutes the main component of depleted uranium. Uses of DU take advantage of its very high density of 19.1 grams per cubic centimetre (0.69 lb/cu in) (68.4% denser than lead).

Civilian uses include counterweights in aircraft, radiation shielding in medical radiation therapy and industrial radiography equipment, and containers for transporting radioactive materials. Military uses include armor plating and armor-piercing projectiles.

EDIT: what a wonderful joke , should have waited till April first .

Last edited:
Their shape makes me wonder HOW they stabilize. More like slugs than a Diabolo design. Price? Have you TRIED them or just repeating the marketing statement? What gun, speed, caliber, etc.? More questions than answers here.

You're spot on for questioning these things - this is absolutely a total fake made as a joke - and my apologies for not making that a bit more clear, as it seems as though I may have done a bit too good of a job on this. The subject came up in another thread about the dangers of lead pellets, and I just whipped up a fake image of imaginary pellets to drop in the comments there - but it came out so good I had to drop it in a thread of it's own for a good laugh. :)

Thank goodness too, because, oh man, these would just be a horrible, horrible idea.

You're spot on for questioning these things - this is absolutely a total fake made as a joke - and my apologies for not making that a bit more clear, as it seems as though I may have done a bit too good of a job on this. The subject came up in another thread about the dangers of lead pellets, and I just whipped up a fake image of imaginary pellets to drop in the comments there - but it came out so good I had to drop it in a thread of it's own for a good laugh. :)

Thank goodness too, because, oh man, these would just be a horrible, horrible idea
Well THAT went right over my pointed little head