• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New laws in NJ that will directly affect airguns

Unfortunately, 90 percent of the left is too ignorant, too short sighted or just too apathetic to recognize and stop what the other extreme 10 percent of their party is doing. It's a slow gradual erosion of rights we as Americans have enjoyed for many years. None of this is done with safety in mind. Draconian gun laws save exactly zero lives. As a 20 year old Marine returning from the first Gulf War, under these laws, it would have been illegal for me to shoot an airgun in New Jersey. Makes complete sense....

I currently live in South Jersey (Border of PA & DE). You would be amazed how rural it is. Outside my backyard is a farm. I hunt deer 1 mile away. This is sad. I cannot wait to move to PA or DE (about 5 years out).

DE is almost as restrictive as NJ for airguns. As I recall .177 and .22 is all.....for now. Actually not bad considering who lives there. 

While these new laws will only affect airguns in NJ, don't be complacent if you live in another state. Other blue states follow closely what other blue states do with anti gun legislation. It's just a matter of time.

And here is a scary thought. 

Take Biden's pick for head of the Alphabet org. David Chipman. Chipman is an extreme anti gun activist. As head of the Alphabet org, all he has to do is redefine the definition of airguns as firearms at the Federal level. With a stroke of a pen, all airguns are now considered firearms at the federal level. 

What does that mean?

Say goodbye to all automatic airguns. FFL transfers. NICS checks. Do you like your moderators and suppressors on your airguns? Well then you'd have to go through all the paperwork, fees and tax stamps to own one. I can go on and on. 

Airgunners should let that sink in. 

So ? It seem like the MO of letting strait up honest law abiding people to suffer for the consequences of a few criminals have found its way to America, how can anyone even consider passing such amateur laws.

My condolences to the good people who this law if passed will be hurt more than any criminal it was aimed at.
1f622.svg

Where your wrong, is none of these laws are aimed at reducing crime or for safety. That is just talking points Democrats use to justify these laws. And foolishly there is a large constituent of voters that fall for their lies. These left wing politicians are not stupid. They know none of these laws they're pushing will do anything to stop gun crimes. That is not their goal. Their goal is to completely disarm the law abiding public. One step at a time. Now that they have the majority, they are stepping up the pace.

Locker50, I might slightly disagree on one point. I don't think the intent of all the liberal politicians is to disarm the public, they don't think that strategically. There intent is the next election's vote. And a gun law is easier to sell than going after the complex societal problems that are the root cause of our violence

I agree, and disagree with you. Don't be fooled. The Democrats objective is to disarm the law abiding citizens. You are 100% correct that they do not want to tackle the societal problems that exist. Which are the real problem. But they don't care about that. They use the societal problems without actually saying it, to justify gun control. Which they then say is for public safety and crime reduction. Then the main stream media happily carries their false narrative. Their goal is to disarm Americans. Period. You have to realize this. The Democrats goal is not to reduce crime and save lives when it comes to gun control legislation that they propose. It is to make it as hard and cost prohibitive as possible for law abiding citizens to own firearms. With the end goal to completely disarm you. All the left cares about is power. They do not care how they obtain it, as long as they do. To them. The ends justify the means. The means/ends to them is loss of your freedoms. People need to realize this. And realize it fast.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM? WHERE is the " FIRE " i.e. gunpowder in a AIR GUN .............No FIRE AT ALL Political dummies! wreck even our Daisy bb gun kids life!

Thats right. No BB gun for your 12 year old Johnny. The Democrats are not political dummies. Do not think that for one second. They are very smart and savvy tyrants. That know how to work the system , and knowing they have full backing by the main stream media. 

So ? It seem like the MO of letting strait up honest law abiding people to suffer for the consequences of a few criminals have found its way to America, how can anyone even consider passing such amateur laws.

My condolences to the good people who this law if passed will be hurt more than any criminal it was aimed at. 😢

They look at even the most honest of us as "potential" criminals and if they disarm us, a lot of the "potential" problem will go away.