• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning New Kratos will not fill

This seems to be an ongoing problem with the Benjamin Craftsman series. Unless you have a tank to rush some air in, you are out of luck when they ship empty. I got my Kratos from AOA and it shipped with air, so no problem. Akela was from Crosman and shipped empty and I tried filling it slow from my tank and it leaked even with it cocked. I had to really slam some air in to get it to work,

Copywrite @ O'Doyle..

Fit a pellet into the breach before trying to fill. If that does not work, fit another pellet into the breach. Usually, two pellets are enough back pressure the valve.

Use caution... Treat it as it a loaded gun!

That's TWO PELLETS (Double loaded on purpose) If only ONE pellet is loaded it may not be enough resistance and just shoot out unintentionally as its being filled.

What a shame to be subjected to something like this! If someone is new to PCPs this has to be a bad experience. Enough so that it could turn them away from this great hobby. Crosman/Benjamin should at least put some air in each gun to prevent this repetitive problem. Would that be too much to ask??

Until people start demanding a refund and purchasing something else I don't see the issue getting resolved quickly.

I had access to two Kratos 22 caliber rifles. One would not fill no matter what I tried as described in my previous post. I called Crosman and they were very helpful, a call tag has been emailed for gun #1. The second gun filled using the scuba bottle method. I scoped it up and fired 24 rounds threw it. The chronograph show the first shot at 990, the last shot 910. Still had plenty of air left. I then decided to refill the gun using my Hill Hand pump, no problems worked like a champ. Later in the week I will head outdoors and check the accuracy. Although I had problems with Gun #1 I think they are probably a good gun for money. There is a small problem with air fill issue, but I am sure Crosman will address it.