• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New kid on the block

Hello Gents,

Thought I would take a moment and make an introduction. I have been hanging around in the background for sometime now. I knew I had nothing to add so why say anything? 

Well I still do not have anything to add, but might as well start some place? I have bought a few toys since my join date and I'm now I know just enough to do some damage.

I live on the Central Coast of California (Morro Bay) and have been a powder burner for longer then I really would like to admit too. I got lucky and got to run a range for ten years, but it looks as if I have jumped ship.

I look forward to learning from you guys, but be warned I can ask some real dumb questions.

Eamon

So your shooting with the folks at

http://www.slsba.org/

and testing out everything first hand ?

Welcome to the forum.

John

Actually John I was not a shooter with the small bore gang. I was with SLOSA, same property but SLOSA has a little bit more of everything. Trap=Skeet, Action Shooting, SASS... I know a few of the guys there, good people. Sounds like you might know the area?

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I look forward to learning from you guys, but be warned I can ask some real dumb questions.

Eamon

Eamon,

I wouldn't worry about the dumb questions, it's the dumb answers that get you. Besides if there is no stupid question, why are there so many stupid answers?

Welcome to the club, lots of friendly and helpful folks lurking around.

Smitty

That same SLO group also holds regular FT matches. Maybe even national sanctioned matches?

Yes you are correct, they were the host many times when I was there. It seems to me that it is a very popular range!

Welcome Eamon!

I shoot with the Morro Bay guys when time permits-they're a great buavench! Scott Hull is the the club president, you should get in touch with him or just show up at one of their FT shoots. I work Sundays which keeps me from being a well-known FT star, LOL!

Here's a link to their webpage-http://www.slsba.org/

John

John, I have been feed by Scott more than once. Whenever they had a bigger match they cooked for everyone attending. Since I lived on site it was not uncommon to have Scott bring me some chow to the house. I sat on the CCEFE board with Jim also one hell of a nice guy!!

It sounds like you live in the area? I'm retired now and can always meet for a cup of coffee or maybe go shooting at the range? I still know a guy, the price could be right? Hehehe

Thank you all for a very warm welcome! I can only hope you all feel the same way after you hear the questions.

Eamon aka the a#@%ole who lives at the range.