New kid on the block

Hello All:

Just wanted to say hello and that I am looking forward to getting to know and interact with the group. My grandson and I enjoy air rifles and are now looking to make the move from break barrels to PCP. I'm located in the NW FL area and unfortunately not a lot of organized air rifle shooting around that I can find.

Later, Steven
Welcome to You and your Grandson to the Forum

ThomasT

Deciding on the first PCP is a tough one. I just got into PCPs about a year ago, and spent many hours on this forum and Youtube trying to decide which rifle was "the one". The first step is set your budget. Mine was around $500 since I didn't know if this hobby was for me, and do not have unlimited funds. I decided to try the Umarex Origin and a cheap scope. It came with a hand pump. The Origin let me get to know PCP on a budget. Next, I moved up to a Taipan Veteran and bought a $300 compressor. Now I own three rifles (FX Crown .177, Marauder .177, RTI Prophet .177).

Make sure to use the search function in the top right corner. You will find many, many threads about selecting a first rifle.

Reactions: standles
Deciding on the first PCP is a tough one. I just got into PCPs about a year ago, and spent many hours on this forum and Youtube trying to decide which rifle was "the one". The first step is set your budget. Mine was around $500 since I didn't know if this hobby was for me, and do not have unlimited funds. I decided to try the Umarex Origin and a cheap scope. It came with a hand pump. The Origin let me get to know PCP on a budget. Next, I moved up to a Taipan Veteran and bought a $300 compressor. Now I own three rifles (FX Crown .177, Marauder .177, RTI Prophet .177).

Make sure to use the search function in the top right corner. You will find many, many threads about selecting a first rifle.
Yes... I have been doping a lot of searching/viewing. I started off at the Benjamin Marauder and within 2 weeks had gotten to point I needed an Impact M3. LOL> the mind convo was along lines of well if I'm spending that then the dreamline is only a few dollars more, but if that then Maverick, and the insanity continued. Same on compressors or bottles... Started at 300 Yong Heng and ended up at Coltri MCH6. I decided to chill and let my emotional choices cool a bit. :)

Hello All:

Just wanted to say hello and that I am looking forward to getting to know and interact with the group. My grandson and I enjoy air rifles and are now looking to make the move from break barrels to PCP. I'm located in the NW FL area and unfortunately not a lot of organized air rifle shooting around that I can find.

Later, Steven
Welcome to the next place that most of us call home because it's a great place to be anytime throughout the day!

Hello All:

Later, Steven
standles:

Welcome to the family and may all of your dreams comes true while you're here because it's not easy with so much to choose from.

Reactions: standles