New JSB's to be released next week

Hi everyone,

I was looking at my recently purchased (within the last one year) FX and JSB pellets this weekend, and I have Deep, Medium, and Shallow JSB 25.39 gr pellets. I've heard the shallow skirts shoot better over 75 yards (I think it's more like >80 yards) and that all of them shoot well up to ~75 at sea level...I'll be testing the shallow versus all others at 100 yards this week so more to come.

The picture below shows the following:
  1. FX 25.4 GR .22 caliber - (left side)
  2. JSB 25.39 .22 caliber - Deep
  3. JSB 25.39 .22 caliber - Medium
  4. JSB 25.39 .22 caliber - Shallow
All of the FX 25.4s appear to be a "medium" skirt...

JSB releases their new pellets in Deep and Shallow this week so we'll compare them to the previous versions and the performance of the 28gr.

Question: Why would JSB produce different designs and not designate them as a new product so we know what we're getting and that something has changed?

Steve

Pellet Skirts v1.jpg

I'm looking forward to testing these new JSB's in my Thomas HPX. I'm using FX pellets and the deep FX's seem a little more consistent. What I'm hoping for is some reduction in flyers, if that's possible. I pre-ordered and hopefully can get them by the end of this month. It would be nice to have a quality pellet available so we can finally blame our misses on ourselves :)

Reactions: dgeesaman
All these options must be catering to the niche market of fine tune tinkering.
There will be those that can't help but take their finely tuned rifle with their well matched pellets and seeing if these new offerings will shave 1/16th of an inch off their five shot groups.

We are an “anal” community about this Dennis, I agree. 😀

If you step back though, most of the folks who shoot longer distance Benchrest for “scoring” purposes, don’t care about saving a 1/16” off of their 5-shot groups at 30-50 yards. That would be nice, but personally I could care less.

They/we want a reliable pellet ( either the new 25.39 versions, or the brand new 28g .22 caliber pellet ) which has a good BC and much better quality ( than the old poor quality MRDs ) for 100Y scoring purposes vs. shooting groups only for bragging rights.

Reactions: KodiakJac
We are an “anal” community about this Dennis, I agree. 😀

If you step back though, most of the folks who shoot longer distance Benchrest for “scoring” purposes, don’t care about saving a 1/16” off of their 5-shot groups at 30-50 yards. That would be nice, but personally I could care less.

They/we want a reliable pellet ( either the new 25.39 versions, or the brand new 28g .22 caliber pellet ) which has a good BC and much better quality ( than the old poor quality MRDs ) for 100Y scoring purposes vs. shooting groups only for bragging rights.
I totally get that. If I shot that far I'd want it too.