New JSB's to be released next week

Nope. Got it wrong the first 2 minutes. The SHALLOW CAVITY s what was made 2017-2018, and the DEEP are the current model. The US Distributor got it wrong.
I’m interested in the 28 grain GRAND version that is all new. Should have a better BC but I’m hoping it also eliminates the inevitable flyer you get with the 25.4 grain versions. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

The heavy .22 & .25 Hades will be a long range hunter/pester's go-to, bucking the wind a good percentage better than the previous model. I'm hoping JSB comes out with a heavy "Redesign" Hades in .30 caliber at 55+ grains. For too long JSB has only had the two offerings for weight for the .30 caliber, plus the Hades version; JSB where's the "redesign" heavy Hades in .30 caliber??? Make it and it will sell...

Nope. Got it wrong the first 2 minutes. The SHALLOW CAVITY s what was made 2017-2018, and the DEEP are the current model. The US Distributor got it wrong.
I’m interested in the 28 grain GRAND version that is all new. Should have a better BC but I’m hoping it also eliminates the inevitable flyer you get with the 25.4 grain versions. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to those new Grand pellets too. I saw a pic of the new pellets in open tins. The "deep" aren't quite the FX deep, the look like more of the FX medium (what I call medium). The shallow looked like the jsb redesigns I get now. I just want something, if there is such a something, to help with flyers - what I call flyers are pellets that basically leave the box your bull is in or at least wander close to the box lines. Let's hope for something good.

I thought that was the case With the shallow/deep skirts. Thank you Mike. I am also looking foreward to test the grands and see how they do a long range.

re. new 28 grain. Yeah Mike, I am also hoping the new 28G show promise.

I now only have one gun, RAW HM1000X .22 HP, that shoots the MRD. The deep cavity current version shoots very good ( as does the JTS 25.39) at 50Y, but too many fliers at 100Y. I may have to dial up HST a bit from the current 940 average FPS with the new 28G, to hopefully get some better accuracy at 100Y.

re. new 28 grain. Yeah Mike, I am also hoping the new 28G show promise.

I now only have one gun, RAW HM1000X .22 HP, that shoots the MRD. The deep cavity current version shoots very good ( as does the JTS 25.39) at 50Y, but too many fliers at 100Y. I may have to dial up HST a bit from the current 940 average FPS with the new 28G, to hopefully get some better accuracy at 100Y.
I spoke with Martin, His recommendation was to get the shallow skirts for the HM1000x in the 25.39g.
I am also looking to try the Grands in my .22 RAW as well
AoA will do their buy 4 get one free on the pre-order. just confirmed.

Last edited:
I'm confused... If the good old ones were the shallows, then why the big deal about reintroducing the deeps in the announcement thread?

I spoke with Martin, His recommendation was to get the shallow skirts for the HM1000x in the 25.39g.
I am also looking to try the Grands in my .22 RAW as well
AoA will do their buy 4 get one free on the pre-order. just confirmed.

Thanks Manabe!

I’ll definitely will be buying both the short skirts and the new 28g. Also, thanks for the AoA answer.

Tom

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: manabeknives
I'm confused... If the good old ones were the shallows, then why the big deal about reintroducing the deeps in the announcement thread?

I'm confused too. They should have kept the same names, redesign and original. I guess it doesn't really matter to me since I have a bunch of Hades Monsters on order, no confusion there.