New JSB Hades Monster 22 cal...not for long range...

hello everyone, I got my tin of the new Hades Monsters in 22 cal a little while ago and just got to test them out today. ill just cut to the chase and spare you all the boring details and all that. in my Avenger bull pup shooting at about 890 FPS, at 45 yards they are more than capable of keeping 10 shots within half an inch. pretty decent right? well, move the target out to 77 yards and WOAH! groups opend up to 4.5 inches. to be fair, I didn't expect much better, but I really would have liked better than that. maybe they want to be moving slower, or faster, who knows. I also shot a group at the same distance with the 22 cal JSB 25.39 grain pellets, 7 shot group was 1.5 inches, with 6 of those 7 being within an inch, and 3 of them in the same hole. something to keep in mind, my tin of the Hades Monsters was badly damaged in transit, most of the pellets have imperfect skirts, I did cherry pick the pellets for that group, but even then most of them were still not as nice looking as the normal JSB 25.39gr. hopefully over time this will be resolved, maybe its a weight distribution issue, or maybe just the skirts being bent up. I will possibly test slower speeds, but my hopes are not high, I didn't see any pellet stacking to indicate that they're going to fast, and from what I could see thru the scope (which wasn't much to be fair) the pellets looked to be stable, no flashing or anything like that in flight. have you guys tested these out yet? if so, are your findings similar to mine? just to be clear, I am in no way bashing or hating on these new pellets at all. I love JSB pellets, and I love the Hades pellets, if anything im sharing my lack luster accuracy data because I really like JSB and really want these new pellets to work for them.

This has been known forever at longer distances with the inherit limitations of pellet design. Solution: Use slugs! No manufacturer on the planet will never make a miracle round. On second thought...

I wasn't really expecting like sub MOA or even MOA with them, but better than the 4.5 ish inches, especially when the 25.4 non hades pellets did so well at the same range.

Ten shots into a half inch at fifty yards would make a superb squirrel killer.
I smacked a starling with them about an hour after posting this, and wowzers do they hit hard. the sound on the pellet hitting the bird was by far louder than the sound of the gun going off. I think I'll be happy with them within 50 yards. they will probably become my main woods hunting pellet.

Reactions: darylm and Filnez
Hades/Atomics in my best shooting .22’s and .25’s usually start to fall apart between 50 and 75 yards. It would be nice if the Monsters wouldn’t. But unfortunately they have the same head so that may be the biggest reason. Nothing like a big ole dome for stretching the distance with a pellet. You might also want to weigh 10 of them. That will tell you something also. But I’ve noticed the head size on Hades are not that consistent. When that happens, you’re done.

Reactions: darylm
Wow, are my results different. Been shooting .25 Hades or Atomic in my Royale 500 for a # of years now. The most accurate of any pellets I've tried in that gun. Maybe it's the Original Smooth Twist barrel & the 895-905fps speed. They're incredibly accurate at anything within the gun's range. From your descriptions it sounds to me like Polymag's performance, not Hades.

This has been known forever at longer distances with the inherit limitations of pellet design. Solution: Use slugs! No manufacturer on the planet will never make a miracle round.
In this thread, https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/pellet-spirals.1297114/ I looked at why some pellets seem to spiral and become inaccurate at longer ranges. The problem appears to lie within the relative rates of decay of spin and velocity, coupled with the relative positions of the centre of gravity and the aerodynamic centre. I suggested a possible solution, but there are other solutions. It all comes down to managing the rate of decay of the spin to match the decay rate of the pellet forward speed.

Reactions: JungleShooter
Buy them direct from the manufacturer RMR $60 for 500 with free shipping. Why pay extra to put someone else's name on a product.
I'm not buying much these days. I tend to buy 1k or 1500 bulk like you linked and sit on them. The patriot javelins are my preference but hybrids showed theyd shoot from anything that could send them 700 fps or faster. If the choke wasn't too crazy like my 25 mrods was. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: heavy-impact
Id like to bring up twist rate too. With the aerodynamically wonky face on it, i wonder if spinning them faster would be of any aid? But, the expensive fx hybrids answer that issue if you can send them. Maybe I will check back and give my results at 930 fps.
Increasing the twist rate will most likely make them worse rather than better. Pellets need much lower twist rates for longer ranges as they end up with excessive spin relative to their forward velocity and thus too much gyroscopic stability for small groups. Spiralling can be delayed by reducing muzzle velocities and twist rates, but it will not cure them completely. Only a pellet redesign can do that.