New(ish) to PCP, several questions

I have had a Gamo Urban (which I will be selling soon) for about a year and have been using a hand pump. I've decided I want to upgrade everything so I recently bought a BSA R10 from pyramid ($600, seems like an incredible deal!) and an inexpensive electric pump (VEVOR) and a refill bottle. I haven't gotten any of these yet and it's my understanding I will still need a foster quick connect hose to hook the pump to the bottle and the bottle to the rifle. Last new item is I bought a BSA first focal plane scope.

Now my questions:

1. Can I only hook up the bottle to the electric compressor, I should NOT connect the compressor directly to the rifle?

2. Is a FFP scope better or worse for shooting relatively close targets (10 to 30 yards)? I mainly use my urban for backyard target shooting but will use the r10 to occasionally hunt squirrels and/or other small game (with an occasional house sparrow killed to protect my bluebirds)

3. I've never had a rifle with a fully floating barrel like the r10, does it need any additional care to protect it and/or keep the POI from shifting?

4. The bottle I bought used from a forum member and was told I need the foster hose. Will I need anything else?

Thank you all in advance for whatever information you can give me.

1 yes you can hook the compressor to your gun if you wish to although I don’t and most Airguners don’t because it takes longer 

2 honestly you don’t need FFP if your not really holding over a lot, and at 20 and 30 Yards I’m sure your good, but there is a lot of options on FFP or SFP it’s just personal preference 

3 just make sure to treat it nicely and don’t bang it around but for the most part I don’t think the gun will shift POI unless you really bang it hard lol

4 I’m not sure I would have to see a picture of the bottle and look at what it already has on it

https://imgur.com/gallery/90Mqklf

ive put a link to a picture, I’m on my iPad and can’t get the picture to display correctly. Just received an air tank and I’m not entirely sure what else I need now. I bought this:

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Foster_Quick_Detach_Hose_Assembly_1_8_BSPP_Female_Threads/4955

and of course the fill probe that came with my bsa as well as the adapter that is currently connected to my hand pump. The air tank assembly has the foster fitting that I’m assuming is what I’ll connect my compressor quick connect to, but what screws into the top? Sorry for all these basic questions, the hand pump was easy to understand.

Click on this symbol and it should let you upload pics 

1532106765_9386475005b52180d504011.45224153_A03D3E0D-8151-4CC7-AFC8-6EADC0876C9D.jpeg

If your only shooting 10 to 30 yards I would of kept the urban and put my money into something else, however that is just my opinion. I feel a lot of newer shooters and airgunners crave an FX and Daystate but at the end of the day unless you plan on blasting pellets to 100 yards, most airguns under 600$ and a hand pump will do just fine. I will say that since you already have everything you need to ensure you get s quality optic and dont waste a penny. A wildcat with a Walmart reticle will shoot like a red Ryder, so optics is huge and so is proper rifle maintenance and scope mounting. Good luck! 

Thanks for the thoughts. Figured out what I needed and have it mailed and on the way. As for the 30 yards shooting, that’s what I’ve got right now but I’m planning on doing some tree cutting when I have time and extending my range. I’ve got 5 acres of woods behind my house so eventually I can open up my range to as much as I want.

My urban is great especially for a hunting gun but I’ll be mostly plunking and target shooting so I won’t be carrying as much as bench shooting. For a hunting gun I think the urban is really hard to beat but the bsa at $550 was a deal too good to pass up for me.