• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Impact M3 - tuning

Hello, this is my first post here. Hopefully I'm in the right place.

I recently received my first PCP air rifle, an Impact M3 Sniper in .22.

I ordered it online, and the retailer did open it and check it, and provided a card showing that it was shooting around 900 fps using JSB 18 grain pellets.

Current settings:

Valve adjuster: all the way out (4 lines showing plus a bit. Seems to be all the way out but I haven't touched it yet)

1st regulator: 175 bar

2nd regulator: 100 bar

Macro wheel: 16

Micro roller: 2.5

My question: does this seem like the correct settings for shooting 18 grain JSB pellets? I read the manual, and it states that default full power 2nd regulator is around 75 bar.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the response! I did read the manual and found the suggested setting for the rear regulator, but could not find anything for the other settings.

I adjusted it today to 150ish on the front and 80 for the rear. I shot 3 magazines through it and it seemed to hit pretty accurately, but I don't know what speed the pellets are moving.

I am going to get a chronograph soon for tuning, as well as an electric pump!

Thanks for the response! I did read the manual and found the suggested setting for the rear regulator, but could not find anything for the other settings.

I adjusted it today to 150ish on the front and 80 for the rear. I shot 3 magazines through it and it seemed to hit pretty accurately, but I don't know what speed the pellets are moving.

I am going to get a chronograph soon for tuning, as well as an electric pump!
A chronograph is an absolute necessity for tuning. 2nd reg, at 80 bar is a good place to start. Set the valve adjuster all the way out. Set the micro to the mid point. Set the main power wheel to 8, shoot and check the speed. If it's too low increase the power wheel, if speed is too high lower it.

My advice is try to get the speed to the highest FPS that you think might work for your pellets. Then shoot a group of five at that speed, lower the power wheel one notch and shoot another group. Keep lowering the speed until you find the setting that gives you the best grouping, that is your target speed. Close the valve adjuster just enough to lower the speed slightly, then use the micro wheel to make the final FPS adjustment.
It will take some time, and a bunch of pellets.

MrA -

Remember, the adjustments DO NOT...have to be exact for any given weight pellet to do well !
As with most of my guns, I've turned my Impact M3 down to about 800fps.
Why... Because I don't shoot to 100+ yards, I don't need the gun to be pounding itself to death shooting high fps values, and last, the gun is quieter shooting lower pellet speeds.
AND...guess what, it STILL shoots point of aim very well.

Read up on the British guns. By law, they can't have high fps guns, and guess what, they are still able to hit bulls eyes !

Mike

Reactions: MrAwesome987
Hello, this is my first post here. Hopefully I'm in the right place.

I recently received my first PCP air rifle, an Impact M3 Sniper in .22.

I ordered it online, and the retailer did open it and check it, and provided a card showing that it was shooting around 900 fps using JSB 18 grain pellets.

Current settings:

Valve adjuster: all the way out (4 lines showing plus a bit. Seems to be all the way out but I haven't touched it yet)

1st regulator: 175 bar

My question: does this seem like the correct settings for shooting 18 grain JSB pellets? I read the manual, and it states that default full power 2nd regulator is around 75 bar.

Thanks for any help.

I'm wondering if these are some kind of normal settings for a new gun directly from the store. I just received my M3 and the settings are almost identical.

Valve Adjuster: All the way out 4 lines showing

1st regulator: 170 bar

Micro roller: 2

I guess I have some adjusting to do. I'm off to watch some videos...

I'm wondering if these are some kind of normal settings for a new gun directly from the store. I just received my M3 and the settings are almost identical.

Valve Adjuster: All the way out 4 lines showing

1st regulator: 170 bar

Micro roller: 2

I guess I have some adjusting to do. I'm off to watch some videos...
Where did you order from? With those settings, an 18.1 grain pellet is going to be going wayyy too fast.

I have mine shooting JSB 18.1 grain pellets at ~925 fps with the following settings:

Valve Adjuster: All most all the way out. Probably around 4.5 lines (if there were a .5 line)

1st regulator: 150 bar (I don't think this one really matters for this. May effect how fast the plenum fills, slightly)

2nd regulator: 80 bar

Macro wheel: 2

I am pretty pleased with these settings, and have fired a few hundreds shots like this.

I am curious about this... What exactly does the Valve Adjuster do? I understand how all the other settings effect the gun, but I have yet to find someone explaining how the valve adjuster effects the tune.

Reactions: Sp8ctre
Where did you order from? With those settings, an 18.1 grain pellet is going to be going wayyy too fast.

I have mine shooting JSB 18.1 grain pellets at ~925 fps with the following settings:

Valve Adjuster: All most all the way out. Probably around 4.5 lines (if there were a .5 line)

1st regulator: 150 bar (I don't think this one really matters for this. May effect how fast the plenum fills, slightly)

2nd regulator: 80 bar

Macro wheel: 2

I am pretty pleased with these settings, and have fired a few hundreds shots like this.

I am curious about this... What exactly does the Valve Adjuster do? I understand how all the other settings effect the gun, but I have yet to find someone explaining how the valve adjuster effects the tune.

I got it from Palm Beach Air Guns in Florida. The settings look almost identical to the settings you posted in the OP.

I know I have to tune it down, but I have to also decide what grain pellet I want to shoot the most. I know I'm going
to set the 1st regulator to 150. 80 on the 2nd regulator sounds good. Not sure about the rest.

Reactions: MrAwesome987
I got it from Palm Beach Air Guns in Florida. The settings look almost identical to the settings you posted in the OP.

I know I have to tune it down, but I have to also decide what grain pellet I want to shoot the most. I know I'm going
to set the 1st regulator to 150. 80 on the 2nd regulator sounds good. Not sure about the rest.
The valve adjuster controls valve rod travel, i.e. the length of time the valve remains open, allowing pressurized air to escape from the plenum.

Last edited:
The valve adjuster controls valve travel, i.e. the length of time the valve remains open, allowing pressurized air to escape from the plenum.
On my FX Impact mk2 I use the valve adjuster to fine tune velocity after setting the regulator and the hammer spring adjuster.
On the FX Impact m3 I use the valve adjuster in the same manner, however, hammer spring micro adjuster I employ for additional fine tuning of velocity.

Reactions: Sp8ctre