Tuning New impact M3 stuck barrel

New M3 in .22, trying to flip to the slug port on the barrel. Can’t get barrel loose.

pull the set screw on right side of power block, loosen the 2 cap screws above manual adjusting valve to loosen barrel clamp and pull. Nothing, won’t budge.

what am I missing?

B81C9390-BBF7-4DE3-9DFE-61B9A6E98BED.jpeg

26518E5E-204F-452A-9123-C1086E61E9AD.jpeg

Read this thread-

Reactions: Heavyopp
Read this thread-

this has to be my problem — certainly have the stuff around to make the barrel removal tool

thanks for the link

Watching some videos of the barrel tensioner system just to try and figure out what the barrel tensioner nut is.

It seems that I have the barrel clamp that comes with the tensioner system but not the tensioner system itself. This was installed by FX, bought gun new in box from authorized dealer.
From what I read the new ones come with the clamp for the tension system. The manual for my impact m3 says the clamp only needs loosened if you bought the rifle with the tensioned barrel installed. My clamp was loose from the factory. I wonder if people are tightening the clamp on the standard barrel system.

From what I read the new ones come with the clamp for the tension system. The manual for my impact m3 says the clamp only needs loosened if you bought the rifle with the tensioned barrel installed. My clamp was loose from the factory. I wonder if people are tightening the clamp on the standard barrel system.
My clamp was loose too, I snugged it up yesterday after I tried removing the barrel.
watched a fx master class video where it’s suggested that those 2 screws be torqued to 20 inch pounds when using the tensioner system — no mention of when not using the tensioner system

My clamp was loose too, I snugged it up yesterday after I tried removing the barrel.
watched a fx master class video where it’s suggested that those 2 screws be torqued to 20 inch pounds when using the tensioner system — no mention of when not using the tensioner system
I just re read the manual and it says you can use the clamp on non tension barrels but its intended to have an oring for the standard barrel. There is an oring groove to hold an oring for non tensioned barrel setups according to the manual.

I just re read the manual and it says you can use the clamp on non tension barrels but its intended to have an oring for the standard barrel. There is an oring groove to hold an oring for non tensioned barrel setups according to the manual.
Where are you finding this info — I am totally missing it

I have no problem throwing an oring in there, what size do they want?

point me in the right direction, Thanks

I talked with Utah Air Guns about this when I was having issues getting my barrel out.
They told me to just take the screws out and put them somewhere you can ind them i you decide to use a barrel tensioner. Otherwise it does nothing and having loose screws on my gun is not going to ly with me.
Removed them and see no change in how the gun shoots.

Read this thread-

I had a wisdom tooth like that!