• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch New HW97K and Scope stop pin

Howdy all

I did some searching but didn't find what I was looking for. My Brand new HW97K just arrived along with a BKL High 4" long single piece mount (6 rail screws) and a Hawke scope. The HW didn't come with a scope stop pin, and neither did the BKL mount - in looking at the BKL website, the FAQ question as to whether they use scope stop pins was blank. I"m assuming with the six rail screws, the assumption is one isn't needed?

Also - wanted to verify - BKL recommend 15-17 inch/lbs for the scope rings and 35 inch/lbs for the rail. Assuming this is a good place to start after using alcohol on the rail and scope mounts?

thanks!

Id stick to them values.. rings dont need to exceed 18 inch #. The base you can fuge it down a bit more if needed..

I assume theres 3 holes on the top of the receiver for the mounts pin to go in ?

The gun dont come with a pin thats part of a air gun type mount .

Theres these add on kind you could use oe just buy another mount that had the pin

https://gamousa.com/product/scope-stop/

You aint saving much ether way

May not slip at all just use a #2 pencil and put a index mark on the rings and receiver to keep a check on slipping ..

Woth the small pencil marks to index you can easy monitor any slipping

This on the receiver and edge of base will show slipping of the base if it slips any

scope mark.jpg

These 2 will mark the tube slip in the ring and any rolling of the tube in the rings
scopemark1.jpg

It beats scratching your head if movment causes poi change . If the marks are off ,well its moving / slipping.. near goof proof

Reactions: mjb206
Another for not needed at all when using BKL's.
I would mention tighten them more than once while mounting, just a couple of minutes wait is enough.
Once properly torqued if you remove all the holding screws and Beat it with a rubber mallet they will not move, period. Only way to get the off-or even to move with a mallet- is to use the spreader hole.

John

Howdy all

I did some searching but didn't find what I was looking for. My Brand new HW97K just arrived along with a BKL High 4" long single piece mount (6 rail screws) and a Hawke scope. The HW didn't come with a scope stop pin, and neither did the BKL mount - in looking at the BKL website, the FAQ question as to whether they use scope stop pins was blank. I"m assuming with the six rail screws, the assumption is one isn't needed?

Also - wanted to verify - BKL recommend 15-17 inch/lbs for the scope rings and 35 inch/lbs for the rail. Assuming this is a good place to start after using alcohol on the rail and scope mounts?

thanks
Yes. Don't go over 17 for the rings. Much more than that will oval most scopes.

I have never had a BKL one piece mount creep on me after cleaning the rifle and mount with alcohol. I use a silver sharpie to mark the rifle and the scope mount. This will show if the scope is moving. Never hurts to be cautious!
I use silver sharpie to index the ring caps . So when i remove or put a scope in the mount the caps go right back in / on the same place on same ring facing the same way everytime.