• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Congrats! Love the HW77, I own one (older Limited Edition model) and it's a keeper! 

1526040306_12564102555af586f2202bb3.76099797_Weihrauch-HW77-LE.png

Love the stainless version by the way. 

Christian I am thinking of something like that but I’m unsure where to purchase one in Australia. I’ll have to do some research. 

I also have a slight fear of taking it apart as I know it is fac rated and I can’t find any videos on how to safely remove the end cap and spring. I have a spring compressor that I’ve used zillions of times to take my two Trails apart but the HW having a fixed barrel leaves me a bit stumped. I’ve read some threads on taking a sub 12 foot pound version apart and with the lower power spring, it wasn’t too bad but I’m still concerned about cross threading the end cap. Also the underleaver is a bit scary to me as well. I really don’t want to break it as there are no gun smiths around that I can find. I know it must be easy as all the stuff you read say that it’s very easy to work on the HWs.

Gary

Received my new Hawke 4-12*42 Airmax and fitted it to the HW 77. I had to shim both rings with strips from a coke can as the objective lens and the flat bottom of the turrets was hitting the compression chamber and the top of the scope mount respectively. Beautiful scope made me really appreciate the difference in glass quality to what I have been using.

Noticed something about the H&N FTT 14.66gr I’m using. The head diameter is 5.53 mm and 25j on the tin. About one in five pellets has a smaller head circumference and therefore falls into the barrel quite easily, the others are a slight push. Anyhow the lesser circumference ones shoot approximately one mil dot higher on the Hawke scope than the others at 25 meters. This is no big problem as when I load a pellet and it falls in I adjust my holdunder by one mil dot. If I’m going for that perfect score on paper that is a problem as difference in height can vary a little bit.

Im useing the same pellets in my LGV and Trail. They are a tighter fit in the LGV than the Trail however there is not that much of a difference in poi with the lesser circumference pellets compaired to what’s happening with the HW. Another interesting thing is when I bought the HW77 I also picked up a tin of the same pellets but marked on the tin 16j instead of 25j. I never had these problems with the 16j version.

I don’t know if I can buy the 16j version but have made some inquiries and also sent an email to H&N in Germany. I was thinking of going up in head size to say 5.55 mm. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gary

"Jonnes"Part of the twangyness (love that word!) comes from the cocking arm mechanics that somehow resonates. I have not been able to fixe that, but I assume some simple plastic or delrin washers might solve the problem.
That's the tinkling sound of the spring inside the cocking arm.
Press the pin as on the photo and pour a bit of thin oil in it. Move the pin gently up and down until the oil disappears inside.
Repeat that a few times and your twangyness of the cocking arm is just a sound of the past.

LB.
1528933849_20023433415b21add93397c2.51244676_spanarmkogel.jpg