• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.
Finally my permit to acquire from weapons licensing branch has arrived in the mail. Those of you that have read my thread on the Diana 56 would know that things didn’t turn out the way I’d had hoped for, deep breath. So I hunted around an put a deposit on a new 77 a week ago. Not to bad really as it is $250.00 cheaper than the 56. 

So tomorrow I’m off to pick up my new 77. It’s a 7 hour return drive but that’s ok you get that in the bush. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.

"Windmill01"Finally my permit to acquire from weapons licensing branch has arrived in the mail. Those of you that have read my thread on the Diana 56 would know that things didn’t turn out the way I’d had hoped for, deep breath. So I hunted around an put a deposit on a new 77 a week ago. Not to bad really as it is $250.00 cheaper than the 56. 
So tomorrow I’m off to pick up my new 77. It’s a 7 hour return drive but that’s ok you get that in the bush. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.
7 hr return drive now thats what i call dedication I like it

8a2d8c56b04cdc6a7b4f6ee925202d9f.jpg
ed88753ec99e6d85afa84a084572a749.jpg
5ef8feaf199d6aa8ca4ca7c6711bb6fc.jpg
8b9f7ac2ed42905ec314d41fa9cf3d55.jpg

59fe81052195294ebe000acba98fc157.jpg

Got home one about half an hour ago. Locktite all stock screws, took off rear sight (eyes aren’t good close up) and fitted a cheap 4*32 Niko Stirling. I bought a couple of fixed magnification in anticipation of getting the D56, deep breath, so I’ll use them on the 77 for a while. Locktite scope mount screws.

I then ran a few cloths though the bore, very very dirty and I’m not used to cleaning the bore of an underleaver. With my break barrels it’s a simple tap to break and run the bore snake through.

Ok thinks I like so far, it’s beautiful really beautiful, looks to pretty to use. It’s nice to the shoulder and the weight is acceptable. It’s only .2 kilos heavier then my LGV. No rattles when I shake it (Giles taught me that) and it’s very well balanced.

Things I don’t like so far is that the stock screws are flat Heads not Allen key like my LGV, so I didnt want to tighten them too much, we’ll see how the locktite goes. After I cleaned the bore I put a pellet in and fired it. It’s twangy, I’m not overly concerned yet it may settle down with further use, another space to watch.

Well that’s it so far, I can’t shoot tomorrow as it’s the wife birthday and we are driving down to Brisbane to celebrate with the youngest son and the little grandies. It will have to wait till either late tomorrow arvo or Monday. Seems like I’ve driven a thousand kilometres already and we have to do another 380 tomorrow.

Christian my old dad used to say if we taught someone something new each day we were doing our part, now you know what sparrow fart means 😂 

Gary

ed4b7562014b1777be6187c213735349.jpg
29a873d7be86f49a5732f94159fe1f4b.jpg

I finally got to sight the 77 in. I sighted it in initially by looking through the scope and down the barrel. The first sheet of A4 is at 20 metres and the two holes at bottom left are the second and third pellets through the rifle.. The first pellet was when I cocked the rifle to clean the barrel. The next two holes high and to the left are me adjusting the scope. The next three holes( it’s first group) are at the bottom of the bull. That’s eight pellets through the rifle so far.

Having placed a target 30 metres I then fired two shots(bottom right of next photo) adjusted scope and shot another 5 shots ( its second group). All up that’s 15 pellets through the rifle so far, very very happy. The twang and boing are still there which is annoying but I’ll perservere for a while as it still might settle down. Has anyone else experienced this and without putting a new kit in it what did you do to quiten it. I have been told that a sleeve cut out of a plastic bottle would do the trick.

Im useing H&N FTT 14.?? grains as they are the only pellets I have or can get with ease. It’s raining here now so when the rains gone I’ll do some more plinking. Overall thoughts so far, very 😃.

Gary

"Windmill01" Is yours twangy?

Heck I don't know. It is spring powered so sure there is some spring noise. All I know is it shoots accurately.

I do have 2 other HW rifles and 5 Air Arms. All but one is FAC power and factory stock. All shoot well and all sound like they are spring powered. I feel is it just the nature of the power source. Shoot it and shoot it some more. Don't worry about the twang is my humble opinion.