A friend at work started asking about airguns for pesting the garden. I told him I had been planning to order an HW50 from krale. After a day of watching videos, he adked me to add a second to my order. I told him I planned on tuning mine out of the box, and he said to do the same to his.

I finally got a chance to pull his out of the box, debur and install new tinbum tophat and spring guide. It is shooting cpl at right around 765fps. Got shorty forty scope mounted and took it out to sight in.

I was tempted to keep this one in case mine doesn't do as well at 25 yards.

20230513_182409.jpg

20230522_190230.jpg

Tinbum kit is what they have always been. I think the factory springs are fine as long as the guide fits well. I use Macarri tar and grease because I have them.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what the TBT kits have always been. Do they fit snug and work as well as the ARH or Vortek? I've had a lot of Weihrach springs brake in less than a year but I'm not sure if that's because of the loose factory guides or the spring material. I'm considering the TBT for my P1

Nice write up! As for being overwhelmed by PA choices, I give 3 thumbs up for such a great selection of products! :D

I would like to hear a little more about the scope & rings, looks like a nice setup albeit a little shorter than most (much like my own BugBuster).

Additionally, thanks for the boost for Tinbum; I had not really looked at their products but after your endorsement I went to their website and I'm thoroughly impressed. As soon as I get used to converting pounds to dollars I may just send some cash over there! Any more info / reviews of Tinbum stuff would be appreciated.

You also didn't elaborate on what you did with respect to 'tuning', that would be a welcome read if you have the time! 👍

I consider your friend lucky (whichever rifle he gets) to have someone who's knows what they're doing! :)

My HW50S in .177 is the most accurate springer I've ever owned or shot. Out of the box, no tuning, no mod's, it is a 5 shot, one-hole affair at 25 yards with H&N FTT's, and 3/4" groups at 50 yards. I have a Hawke 3-9x40 on it, and over one thousand pellets through it. Did I mention that I LOVE this air rifle?(y):cool:

Reactions: Frogy and Mycapt65