• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch New HW35E on the way!

Also, if you have one of the large old soldering irons you could leave it rest on the break for a spell. .
Thanks, fellas. I have heat gun, propane torches, soldering irons and guns in more sizes and shapes than you can imagine LOL. Not knowing what the bond is makes me nervous. Gun is gorgeous and I don’t want to hurt it. Taking a Logun MKII Pro to Veradium Air this week. Think I’ll ask Brian to take a look.

I have two HW35's and EB that was my first air gun From 1977. Since it is an EB it came from Beeman and at that time Mr. Beeman was hand selecting every gun he was going to import. The stock finish is way above the other gun, and also has a 16" bbl as opposed to my HW35E which has a 19" barrel.

100464621.JPG

100464619.JPG

The 35E was found in a surplus store and I paid $60 for it . It had sat is somebodies closet for years and got pink house paint dripped on the wood so I refinished it. It is noticeably easier to cock than my earlier gun with the 16" bbl.

I use these guns as my Iron Sight Practice Guns. I can also mount a "Bug Buster" Scope on the 35E and it is a one hole gun at 10 yards.

I wouldn't mess with your dark wood as it looks to me to be pretty nice, maybe a few coats of Tru-Oil to get a little gloss.

The HW35 has been in continuous production since 1951, and I was born in 1949 so they have been around for 71 years.

I wonder why that could be?

Maybe they are "That Good?!

Randy

Last edited:
Reactions: JDR and beerthief
What the business end of a HW35E should look like IMO. Re-installed F&R sights so gun is back to original except for F swivel that I left off. Many thanks to Brian at Veradium Air. The MB was actually pressed on. You can see what it took to take off, he actually had to make a tool. And then had to cut the inner sleeve to get it off. As I suspected the MB was causing clipping, which was why I wanted it removed. Going to melt it down and make a target out of it and shoot it over and over again. Looking forward to it.

20230722_221241_resized_1.jpeg

What the business end of a HW35E should look like IMO. Re-installed F&R sights so gun is back to original except for F swivel that I left off. Many thanks to Brian at Veradium Air. The MB was actually pressed on. You can see what it took to take off, he actually had to make a tool. And then had to cut the inner sleeve to get it off. As I suspected the MB was causing clipping, which was why I wanted it removed. Going to melt it down and make a target out of it and shoot it over and over again. Looking forward to it.

View attachment 375046
Perfect. No damage to the bluing. Good job.

Good Job (y)!
-> Reminds me of taking off the awful LDC from my RAW HM 1000x.

I never liked those Weihrauch/Beeman ribbed muzzle brakes -> IMO, they're too busy and take away from the gun's classic lines.
Yeah, they're funky but they did sort of get the ball rolling. I have a few but prefer the brakes I made.
I call them Beeman Buck Rogers brakes. They would look great on the end of a fazer.

Good Job (y)!
-> Reminds me of taking off the awful LDC from my RAW HM 1000x.

I never liked those Weihrauch/Beeman ribbed muzzle brakes -> IMO, they're too busy and take away from the gun's classic lines.
Edges on it were so sharp I feared I’d cut myself. Glad it’s gone. I have a HW moderator I slipped on it. That was REALLY fugly. Couldn’t take it off fast enough LOL. Going to stay the way it came.

Finally got mine sorted. It’s a joy to shoot. Last thing I need to do is fix the rear trigger adjusting screw working loose. Should I bend the tab slightly or just use a dab of Loctite or Vibratite.
If you are talking about the aluminum screw, try some pipe tape. Or dental floss around the threads.

Last edited:
Mine on a r9 will back out a little bit after lots a shots ( lots). Never been a issue other then a periodic tweak .

Here nced made a nylon insert in one ..

Then i guess you could take a file and " scratch" the thteads of the screw to help hold it..?

If you are talking about the aluminum screw, try some pipe tape. Or dental floss around the threads.
Yes sir, that’s the one. Hateful, if you consider 5 or 6 shots a lot then mine backs out after a lot of shots too ha ha ha. I can turn it back with my fingers. Gonna try the pipe tape idea first and see how that goes.

Yes sir, that’s the one. Hateful, if you consider 5 or 6 shots a lot then mine backs out after a lot of shots too ha ha ha. I can turn it back with my fingers. Gonna try the pipe tape idea first and see how that goes.
Correct. My theory is always start with the least aggressive and step it up gradually if necessary. Those aluminum screws are very fragile. The bend in the locking arm that Rekord puts on the screw is far to much. Difficult to get the screw moving at all on these new Weihrauch’s.

Ouch . I could see that being annoying.

I got another idea way to tighten up the tab threads but dont think i can explain how to .

Im more a show then a tell guy on stuff.

Anyway . If you could remove the trigger assembly and screw. Take a small center punch and get just off to the side of the tab hole and give it a wack to ping swell the metal around the screw hole just enugh to kinda close up that threaded hole a 1/1000 / just enugh to tighten the hold on the screw without causing major stripping of the threads ..

Ouch . I could see that being annoying.

I got another idea way to tighten up the tab threads but dont think i can explain how to .

Im more a show then a tell guy on stuff.

Anyway . If you could remove the trigger assembly and screw. Take a small center punch and get just off to the side of the tab hole and give it a wack to ping swell the metal around the screw hole just enugh to kinda close up that threaded hole a 1/1000 / just enugh to tighten the hold on the screw without causing major stripping of the threads ..
That’s how you adjust your first stage travel! So hard to get just the right amount. Especially when there are other options I can just remove if they don’t work. Trigger on this gun is excellent. Just need it to stay where I set it! I have lots of Teflon tape.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
That’s how you adjust your first stage travel! So hard to get just the right amount. Especially when there are other options I can just remove if they don’t work. Trigger on this gun is excellent. Just need it to stay where I set it! I have lots of Teflon tape.
Ya, you got to start somewhere with somthing. 😉.