• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch New HW35E on the way!

I do not have a HW 50 or HW 30 but have a HW 35. It is not bad. I have a vortex spring and the cocking is smooth and silent but a bit more than my FWB 124. Be sure to unlatch when opening and when closing so you don't wear out the mechanism. If you are an adult with no shoulder issues, should not be a problem to cock it.

The 35 is easier to cock than the 50. Harder than the 30.
The 35 makes the same power as the 50. The 35 is easier to cock but two pounds heavier than the 50.
All this. But, he forgot to mention the 35E is a whole lot prettier than either ;) . Only stock in the current HW lineup worth the lumber it took to make it IMO.

All this. But, he forgot to mention the 35E is a whole lot prettier than either ;) . Only stock in the current HW lineup worth the lumber it took to make it IMO.
Honestly. Nice wood doesn't matter much to me. I'm a very pragmatic person. Function matters to me more than form. There's nothing a Hw35 does for me that the 50 doesn't. Nice wood doesn't print targets or kill pests. Frankly looks are fashion and not a sensible reason to buy a gun.

If you choose to buy something because it looks nicer to you, that's fine. Don't claim it is better based on looks. In reality better is determined by results. Fashion is ever changing and subjective. There's never been a 35 I thought looked good enough to overcome it's awkward barrel release and especially it's extra weight.

People often mix emotions and technical applications. The two are exclusive entities.

Honestly. Nice wood doesn't matter much to me. I'm a very pragmatic person. Function matters to me more than form. There's nothing a Hw35 does for me that the 50 doesn't. Nice wood doesn't print targets or kill pests. Frankly looks are fashion and not a sensible reason to buy a gun.

If you choose to buy something because it looks nicer to you, that's fine. Don't claim it is better based on looks. In reality better is determined by results. Fashion is ever changing and subjective. There's never been a 35 I thought looked good enough to overcome it's awkward barrel release and especially it's extra weight.

People often mix emotions and technical applications. The two are exclusive entities.
Tell my wife that next time she’s buying jewelry or a purse. Henry Ford had the same opinion. Somewhere the automobile got flashy. The new 30/50 do nothing for me looks wise. To me everything is a balancing act. Function and looks are important.
You will love your HW35E. A true classic and a gorgeous airgun. It is really designed for iron sights with the drop on the comb. I would highly recommend a diopter. They are a blast. When you set it down to take a breather, just look at it and admire.
EFAF1B6F-AB16-4962-A1D3-38BB5AB95FA2.jpeg

Tell my wife that next time she’s buying jewelry or a purse. Henry Ford had the same opinion. Somewhere the automobile got flashy. The new 30/50 do nothing for me looks wise. To me everything is a balancing act. Function and looks are important.
You will love your HW35E. A true classic and a gorgeous airgun. It is really designed for iron sights with the drop on the comb. I would highly recommend a diopter. They are a blast. When you set it down to take a breather, just look at it and admire.View attachment 369010
Jewelry and cars certainly doesn't discount my assessment of functionality.

Mr Ron. You are helpful to so many here on AGN. I respect you and your views very much. I don’t think your “function only” opinion is shared by the majority. Why does Weihrauch even finish out the metalwork so nice if aesthetics do not matter. This post “at least to me“ is to lift up a fellow member with his acquisition of a newly ordered HW35E. I didn’t read any claim of the 35 being better. Just prettier.

Jeez ...... The HW35E is probably my favorite Weihrauch break barrel even though it's not the most versatile or manageable.
They have slightly more power vs. the HW50S and a snappier shot cycle ... takes more time to shoot correctly aka HW80S.

Along with the R1/HW80S (IMO), the HW35E is the "best build quality" (air gun machine), Weihrauch ever made.

Along with that you get a European Walnut stock and strap mounts - everybody needs to own one .........

HW35E - 1.jpg

HW35E-3.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

I guess I never considered the collecting, owning and shooting an airgun techical. It is a hobby.

That is what I tell my wife. I dress for functionality. She says I look like a slob.
I got brother like that. His wife says the same. Different colored socks. His nickname at work was “wrinkles”. Lol.

Reactions: jkingrph
Mr Ron. You are helpful to so many here on AGN. I respect you and your views very much. I don’t think your “function only” opinion is shared by the majority. Why does Weihrauch even finish out the metalwork so nice if aesthetics do not matter. This post “at least to me“ is to lift up a fellow member with his acquisition of a newly ordered HW35E. I didn’t read any claim of the 35 being better. Just prettier.
You're a good guy. I mean no disrespect to you or people that like pretty things. I do too. Pretty is clearly subjective. I like laminate stocks. How do you feel about those? Do they make the gun less functional? Do I bash people for calling them plywood? I let it go, because not everyone has the same taste.

I clearly stated that it was only my position that form was second to function. My point remains the same. Form or fashion is subjective and function is an entirely different entity. For anyone to argue against that is silly.

Like I said people often let emotions interfere with logic. Trust me I know. I've been married three times, so. I'm not immune to the folly of form. Still lovingly married to number three btw. I applaud anyone that's happy with their choices and never mock their choices. Ever! Let's get over this and agree that there is a difference between form and fuction. My personal criteria as stated is always function. I clearly state objective facts for the benefit of the forum community. Form or fashion doesn't weigh heavy on my assessments. Not absent, but not heavy since form or fashion doesn't hit a target or put down a pest. Others can choose whatever they like. Btw good bluing is function. It prevents rust. Let's move on to a world that we can separate form and function and let people decide what form appeals to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
You know ... when I was 7 years old my Dad bought me a Sheridan Blue Streak for my Birthday. That gun was a timeless classic, but it was kinda hard to pump and cock. I loved it though - it was a shooter. When I was about 10 YO I got a Crosman 760. It was much more user friendly, shooting BB's/pellets and was so darn easy to use and carry all day ..... so I put down the Sheridan even though I knew it was inherently a better quality gun vs. the 760.

This was a matter of manageability - Not quality, accuracy or power -> just easier to use:).

This is how I view the HW50S vs. the HW35E. They're both equally accurate; however, the HW50S is simply more manageable and easier for the average airgun shooter to use. Easier to load, shoot and carry around all day long -> Period(y).

This however, doesn't take away from the fact The HW35E is a better gun in every other way ............... engineering, build quality and yes appearance.

These are the facts as I see them ...... ;)

Last edited:
Very jealous; when I finally get a Weinrauch it just might be a 35 in .22.
As for weight..... unless you're swimming with it, more weight is better. Let's quit pretending we're on a backcountry big game hunt backpacking everything in. You will be slightly less tired carrying a 50, but the 35 is ready for slinging. And when you are finally a little bit tired, the heavier rifle will be easier to keep on target.

Reactions: Zut and jkingrph