Tuning New Huma reg not working, what am I doing wrong?

I recently had a Lothar Walther barrel blank machined to fit my FX Boss .30, while I was at it I installed a new Huma gage and regulator. Now I get 1 or 2 shots then nothing. I have since reinstalled the factory reg until I get this figured out.

question #1. which way do you turn the adj. screw on the reg for more power - clockwise or counter clockwise while oriented looking down at the adj.? should I feel any tension at the point of adj.? I dropped it in like the Huma video shows, but they don't show how to adj. it.

question#2. which direction ( clockwise-counter clockwise ) should I turn the hammer spring adj. when I increase the pressure?

I'm not dumb, I'm just a whole lot smarter in other areas. Any constructive help would be welcome.

You put the Huma in backwards. You should be able to see the adjustment screw after you install the Huma. It has a scale on it marked in bar. For .30 pellets about 155 bar works well. Higher for slugs. Looking at the HST clockwise for increase tension. You obviously want to shoot slugs because you can’t buy a more accurate pellet barrel than the one that comes with the Boss. 

You put the Huma in backwards. You should be able to see the adjustment screw after you install the Huma. It has a scale on it marked in bar. For .30 pellets about 155 bar works well. Higher for slugs. Looking at the HST clockwise for increase tension. You obviously want to shoot slugs because you can’t buy a more accurate pellet barrel than the one that comes with the Boss.

Yes, I'm setting it up for slugs. Now I feel stupid for putting it in backwards...

Now back to the reg, when I increase the adj. on the reg - I should feel more tension at the part that is turned? Also, do I turn it clockwise or ccw?

There is a tape with bar and a small mark on the side of the brass that is the index mark. Should be about 155 now. Include a photo. But looking from the top adjuster down CCW increases pressure. About 1/8 turn gives almost ten bar increase. So baby steps. If you go too high your hammer spring will not have enough to open the valve and power will go down. You’ll need a stronger hammer spring or a hammer weight if you want to go much over 170 bar. You can also replace the valve seat with one slightly larger in diameter. I think 910 Airgun sells them. 
PS you should NOT feel more tension when you adjust the reg

You need to know where the default settings is from Huma. I had this issue when putting a Huma in my Royale. I called Trenier, where I bought the reg, and he measured the OAL of one as delivered, and that got me in the ball park, got it right with a couple more adjustments. But you need to measure and make a note of the length with each disassembly and adjustment, because that screw will turn some when taking the rifle down and removing. The entire adjustment range is relatively small, so you have to know that you are on the right revolution of the screw's range of travel. I found my most consistent accuracy was near the max for any given reg set point, around 96-97% of HST adjustment. It's a tedious process.

Strangeluck, when CENTERCUT mentioned 910 he was talking about just the larger valve seat. No heavier hammer or stronger springs are sold at 910.

Thanks for the heads up. 910's website really doesn't list much, if they don't have the parts I need any idea where I might find stuff. I'm finding out not a whole lot of suppliers stock parts for the Royale/Boss line - a dump truck load of stuff for the impact though...

Strangeluck, when CENTERCUT mentioned 910 he was talking about just the larger valve seat. No heavier hammer or stronger springs are sold at 910.

Thanks for the heads up. 910's website really doesn't list much, if they don't have the parts I need any idea where I might find stuff. I'm finding out not a whole lot of suppliers stock parts for the Royale/Boss line - a dump truck load of stuff for the impact though...

That's because the Royale platform is simple and usually trouble free. The Impact and all the other FX adjustamatics need customer support, lots of it!