NEW HUBEN K1 OWNER

Hi, just got my hands on a addition to the family a Huben K1 SE,
a question for other seasoned owners do or did you strip the K1 when new to clean the barrel or just shoot cleaning pellets through it ?,
i have had a play and zeroed in the scope along with a power set up and I’m shooting 38g slugs at a very impressive speed, i have yet to try any groups as its been v windy her for a few days but will hopefully be on it soon,

Hi, Thanks i had stumbled across that video but didn’t watch it all but that gives me the info i was after i will clean and then shoot a few cleaning pellets to make sure i clean right down to the mag and not push the crap into the mag, i got a.25 and have to say i,m loving it, its a bit air thirsty but it super high power, I use a hill compressor to fill to 300 bar and i,m thinking would it be worth a hand pump to get me up to the 350 bar ? Anyone else use this method ?

Welcome to the wondrous world of Hubens. I've three of them, one in .177, .22 and .25. When new out of the box I shot Ballistol soaked fiber pellets through the barrel followed by dry ones. I watched Greggor's video. It's strongly advised to clean from the breach, never the muzzle and that's how I clean the barrel. It's strongly advised not to the barrel. This is what I do so as not to change the alignment of the barrel to the action. I remove the barrel p/n 61, 62, and 64 as an assembly and thoroughly clean the barrel. It's a fairly easy task once you've done it a few times. One of these cleaning sessions I'm going to try removing the barrel from the gun.

Welcome to Huben owners club !
I have 2 myself 2021 LE in 25 cal. and just got my 2022 in .22 cal.
If you bought yours from Kelly at Krazcool he cleans the barrel and tunes before he ships the gun, they come to you ready to go, just add air and optic of your choice and go.

Enjoy the new gun, they are fantastic guns

68695403872__29D8BEE0-9312-4747-BC6E-9158489A1FEA.jpg

Well, went ahead and cleaned the barrel and i did end up removing the barrel from the magazine housing, On the Special edition rifle the barrel attaches difererant to Gregor’s videos there are no alignment screws it simply is just a thread you screw the barrel to and then spend a bit of time to make sure you have correct tolerance from barrel to magazine 0.2mm cleaned and done mine with no issues..

Yeah that part was a bit tricky, i have no way of measuring the 0.2mm and after you have screwed the barrel in and then tighten the lock nut that then compresses the thread and the barrel can be now touching the mag so its a bit of trial and error to get it correct, My gun is shooting well so i must have hit the sweet spot,
What kind of power and speeds are others finding optimum i,m shooting 38g Zans at 1040fps and happy with that for now..

just got my used Huben 25 cal 2021 model, back from the repairman Kelly @Crazycool WOW! I am pleased with his work. It came to me leaking the seller said, but it had internal damage,, close vlv stem and trigger sear arm and more, Kelly healed her :). 33 gr JSBs are excellent at 45 yds and the AVS .254 , 42 gr flat base does OK, not to bad, snug fit into mag. Next up AVS .254 32 gr cup base slips right in easily, but a little less accurate. JSBs going 960ft/sec reg @140 bar and power wheel 38 clicks. I get 3 mags full, my Coltri will only get it to 310 to 320 bar, I need a higher pressure relief valve from Coltri if I want more but I am fine with this setting. I also have some H&N Baracuda Hunter 27 gr. that I have not tried yet,

I just picked up my first Huben, in .25. It's an amazing gun - second everyone's opinion here - one hole groups at 25 yards with Exact Heavy Diablo pellets right out of the box. I'm using 18MPa plenum regulator pressure and 25 clicks open on the secondary control with Crow Magnum pellets. I'll pull out the chrono this weekend but in this tune the gun is a great shooter. I'll also take the distance out a lot farther too, so I can really tell which pellets work best with various tunings. Lots to learn but really really impressed.

Was thinking the same thing :mad:
I have a Huben .25 I’m shooting 42.gr AVS at 970 it is the Best gun I own! I’m buying a Huben .22 SE from crazy Kelly it is a lighter I’ll use it for pest control! I have am M3 and a new wildcat BT and once I get the new Huben I don’t see myself using the FX Guns much.

Reactions: Stackofhay