• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben New Huben GK1 25M Groups

Today I Zeroed my new .22 Huben GK1 at 25M that I received from Kelly at KRAZ Cool. Big Thumbs Up for Kelly!

I was adjusting for a speed of around 865, I think I am close enough. Still working out some Chrono read issues. IMG_5802.png

IMG_5794.png

I took 4, 5 Shot Groups at 25M, I recharged and reloaded between groups from my Guppy.
FX 25.4g

IMG_5787.jpeg
IMG_5790.jpegIMG_5793.jpegIMG_5795.jpegIMG_5797.jpeg
At 2PM the Sun washed out my Green Dot and I was done for the day. Going for 50yd groups next outing.
IMG_5785.jpeg

Today I Zeroed my new .22 Huben GK1 at 25M that I received from Kelly at KRAZ Cool. Big Thumbs Up for Kelly!

I was adjusting for a speed of around 865, I think I am close enough. Still working out some Chrono read issues.View attachment 415740

View attachment 415741

I took 4, 5 Shot Groups at 25M, I recharged and reloaded between groups from my Guppy.
FX 25.4g

View attachment 415757
View attachment 415752View attachment 415755View attachment 415754View attachment 415753
At 2PM the Sun washed out my Green Dot and I was done for the day. Going for 50yd groups next outing.
View attachment 415761
Fine looking groups Sir, and that shooting shack ain't so bad either!

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Fine looking groups Sir, and that shooting shack ain't so bad either!
Thanks J, I was pretty happy considering today was day one of seting it up and shooting groups. I am glad I went with HE507COMP-GR.I I was shooting those groups by using the 32 Circle as a overlay on my target, which was a little smaller, but just held in the center, so I was pretty amazed at the groups by doing that. I think the 8 MOA Circle will be perfect for my Steel Targets. I will have to try the 2 Dot and see if groups tighten up and how well I can see the Bull.

The shooting shack is a little cramped but, I think it's going to work out.

Reactions: PCPFanNL
Nice, let me know how you like it.
Str8 -

Question -
We know the gun shoots well, not proving much there. How is...your...control of the gun ? Show us your off-hand (by your avatar name) skills.

I have the same sight on mine. The Holosun's work well. Remember to keep the brightness to a minimum.

Mike

Str8 -

Question -
We know the gun shoots well, not proving much there. How is...your...control of the gun ? Show us your off-hand (by your avatar name) skills.

I have the same sight on mine. The Holosun's work well. Remember to keep the brightness to a minimum.

Mike

Yeah I get what you are saying, but unable to able to answer your questions, as I just received my GK1, slapped on a sight and shared my zeroing groups. I have only gone thru 3-4 mags so far!
I am not that guy that has a need to prove anything to anyone but myself, but yeah I would like to do something like that for fun and share.

Mike I learned of the Holosuns from your posts, I was not familiar with reflex sights and this is my first one. I was not aware that you had a comp, and almost reached out to you for a sight recommendation. I viewed Holosuns reflex product line and choose the Comp based on the shooting that I will primarily be doing, shooting steel targets. Btw, when I first looked thru my Holsun, I had the brightness cranked up and thought maybe I had a defective sight, I was seeing a partial double circle on the lower left quarter .So I had my buddy look thru it and he said it looked fine. Later that night I found your post with your recommendation to turn the brightness down and bingo problem solved. That was perfect timing and really helped me out!

... Btw, when I first looked thru my Holsun, I had the brightness cranked up and thought maybe I had a defective sight, I was seeing a partial double circle on the lower left quarter .So I had my buddy look thru it and he said it looked fine. Later that night I found your post with your recommendation to turn the brightness down and bingo problem solved. That was perfect timing and really helped me out!
That is an eye stigmatism you are experiencing. Similar to double vision. Us retired folk have it more and more each year they say. Kind of like brighter lights at night are more blinding. If you squint and really exercise the eye muscles it goes away?

That is an eye stigmatism you are experiencing. Similar to double vision. Us retired folk have it more and more each year they say. Kind of like brighter lights at night are more blinding. If you squint and really exercise the eye muscles it goes away?
The last time that I used my matchdot 2 (mounted on my HW70) I never had any distorted dot issues, but yeah I kinda suspected that was the case.

Str8 -

Question -

Mike
Mike, I get the same groups as the OP at 25 meters with mine, but off hand I do not do as well as I do with my PP700SA. I think it is a weight thing. The GK1 is a bit heavier, but the GK1 has a much better trigger. Over time I hope my off hand shooting gets better. Right now, I get about 60 % in a 1' group and the remaining 40% out to 3" at 25 meters. Off course it is me not the gun.

Mike, I get the same groups as the OP at 25 meters with mine, but off hand I do not do as well as I do with my PP700SA. I think it is a weight thing. The GK1 is a bit heavier, but the GK1 has a much better trigger. Over time I hope my off hand shooting gets better. Right now, I get about 60 % in a 1' group and the remaining 40% out to 3" at 25 meters. Off course it is me not the gun.
I really like the trigger on the GK1 right out of the box snd looking forward to shooting off hand at my steel targets and KYL, hopefully next week when the heatwave returns.

Light rain on and off while shooting today. I made more zero adjustments at 25M. I also used the Dot by itself at low magnification and my shots tightened up, but useless when I could no longer see a full Red Bull.
IMG_5803.pngIMG_5804.jpeg
Then took a 5 shot group at 50 yards, I was not going to show these, but I mentioned it. I had 2 touching but really struggled with the Green Dot with my dark targets and sky.

IMG_5805.jpeg
IMG_5807.jpeg
I am going to try my Steel in a supported standing position at 25M next and see how I do.
On call for the East Coast Storm.

As others have said, the gun is accurate, but no matter how many rounds you shoot with a supported gun, you will not shoot better. You will never shoot better than with that reflex sight. The down side of the reflex sight is bright sun light, not the size or shape of the dot. Yes, an expensive Holoson sight has a better shaped dot than a less expensive Chinese special, but it does not allow you to shoot more accurate groups in my experience. Only off-hand unsupported gun practice will make you a better shooter.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
As others have said, the gun is accurate, but no matter how many rounds you shoot with a supported gun, you will not shoot better. You will never shoot better than with that reflex sight. The down side of the reflex sight is bright sun light, not the size or shape of the dot. Yes, an expensive Holoson sight has a better shaped dot than a less expensive Chinese special, but it does not allow you to shoot more accurate groups in my experience. Only off-hand unsupported gun practice will make you a better shooter.
Thanks Steve, I appreciate the advice and that make sense to skip the supported shooting for now. My present interessts with the GK1 include:
Shooting steel on my range (still a work in progress) that I started setting up for my next PCP Rifle, that is on hold for now.
I would like to try offhand long distance Plinking but not high on the list.
Plinking 25M or less.
Supported longer distance shooting, PRS Style, Bucket & Sticks shooting FT Targets and Siilhouette's
Small Game?

My interests with shooting groups with the GK1 is limited to checking and maintaining zero.

Str8 -

Question -

Mike